2023/24 Jack Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really liked what I’ve seen of Jack in the royal blue so far.

Workrate, tenacity, end product and a good bit of skill to boot.

A miles better option than iwobi ever was.

Excited to see more.
If we could only find an upgrade on Onana, our lethargic, go missing, disinterested midfield 'anchor'.

Great goal yesterday and impressed by his work rate. But not convinced on him yet. He's been very wasteful in his 3 appearances so far, don't get the love in. Still has alot to prove.

The “love in “ is because we actually have a winger playing on the wing

If we could only find an upgrade on Onana, our lethargic, go missing, disinterested midfield 'anchor'.
Obana’s performances have stepped enormously for me this season and I still think there is lots more to come if he lets the hand brake off from an attacking perspective. He doesn’t get it right every game but centre mid is one of the hardest positions to play as a young player and he is doing very well. You’ll probably only notice how good he has become when he is about to leave for c.£90m.

Looks like a very good player. I'm impressed with his work rate and desire.
So two-footed that I thought he was Left-Footed until I saw him play. Very decent player who can play across the front three. Hope we can get him cheaper than the 22m touted, or get someone as younger and similar.

what i like about this signing is it's exactly the kind of player we've been missing for a good while, maybe ever? I can't remember when we actually have had a competent right winger who was left footed.

James played there but he wasn't a winger, and was moved centrally after early season (supposedly because he wasnt protecting Coleman)

McNeil played there a few times last year but was poor there, and to buck the modern trend I don't think it's a position he'd played much of before or knows how to play.

Every player we have played at right midfield/forward down the years has been right footed, right?

Gordon
Gray
Garner
Iwobi
Richarlison
Walcott
King
Lookman
Lennon
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Osman

Going back to 2015 the first player you can name is Atsu. Who played what 12 minutes here?

Then the next name in 2014 is Lukaku in that formation Martinez used a few times But you cant count that as it wasn't his main position and wasn't going to be a consistent option

Then you have Drenthe/Magaye Gueye around 2011/12. Drenthe was talented, but bonkers and unreliable as we know. Gueye was poor and only played a handful of games.

from around 2004-2012 our right sided midfielders and forwards were Osman, Arteta, VDM, Gosling, Anichebe, Donovan, Coleman so again n left footed payer there

before 2004 this would not have been done in England, certainly not by Everton

So there you are, only 19 years since Mourinho made this a popular and effective tactic in England, and Everton have finally found a decent option from the right to cut in ...

what i like about this signing is it's exactly the kind of player we've been missing for a good while, maybe ever? I can't remember when we actually have had a competent right winger who was left footed.

James played there but he wasn't a winger, and was moved centrally after early season (supposedly because he wasnt protecting Coleman)

McNeil played there a few times last year but was poor there, and to buck the modern trend I don't think it's a position he'd played much of before or knows how to play.

Every player we have played at right midfield/forward down the years has been right footed, right?

Gordon
Gray
Garner
Iwobi
Richarlison
Walcott
King
Lookman
Lennon
Deulofeu
Mirallas
Osman

Going back to 2015 the first player you can name is Atsu. Who played what 12 minutes here?

Then the next name in 2014 is Lukaku in that formation Martinez used a few times But you cant count that as it wasn't his main position and wasn't going to be a consistent option

Then you have Drenthe/Magaye Gueye around 2011/12. Drenthe was talented, but bonkers and unreliable as we know. Gueye was poor and only played a handful of games.

from around 2004-2012 our right sided midfielders and forwards were Osman, Arteta, VDM, Gosling, Anichebe, Donovan, Coleman so again n left footed payer there

before 2004 this would not have been done in England, certainly not by Everton

So there you are, only 19 years since Mourinho made this a popular and effective tactic in England, and Everton have finally found a decent option from the right to cut in ...
I think Townsend was a lefty, at least, he put some good crosses in with his left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back