Jack Rodwell - Potentially World Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he cant tackle he cant head a ball ,were the words of mr david moyes. to be honest ,young jack will never be a center half ,or cen mid .a attacking right back ?.we could do with one .young jack with seamus in front of him. they could cover each other,.sort a left winger with pace to go with l.b,happy days .just a thought

Moyes "didn't fancy" Seamus Coleman according to some not so long ago.

What happened there then?

Maybe it should be "not quite so in-the-know" when it comes to Moyes and his thinking as some reckon ey?

injurys happend mate! nothing more nothing less! he was forced to play him!

injurys happend mate! nothing more nothing less! he was forced to play him!

Thats not what I'm saying above.

SOME, claimed Moyes had said he wasn't up to it. Period.

What's happened there then if that were indeed what Moyes said?

i do remember moyes saying he wasnt upto speed defending! but then he had to play him as the injurys hit!

wasnt up to speed defensive wise!

you at it again .have you ever for one moment thought we r all everton daft on here .every time a lad or girl posts something you find a fault .you r not a nice person ,MATT,

you at it again .have you ever for one moment thought we r all everton daft on here .every time a lad or girl posts something you find a fault .you r not a nice person ,MATT,

its okay hes busy searching wiki!

or hes just sussed that what moyes said was "hes niave defensivley" (my spelling is great hey matt)

its okay hes busy searching wiki!

or hes just sussed that what moyes said was "hes niave defensivley" (my spelling is great hey matt)

Thats not how it was put originally on here. Consult the vaults. Its all there in zee Vaults.

Once again we have played right into the media's hands. Every now and then, they feel obliged to force a new 'wonder kid' upon us, some one we can hold up in high esteem along side the up and coming Brazilians and Spanish starlets. Rooney is a prime example, lauded over by the media and rated as one of the best in the world - but as of yet, no one has come knocking for him. The British media, like they did with Beckham and Gaza, then like to languish in besmirching and de-moralising these players by making them into role models and then wait anxiously for them to screw up.

'Young' Jack Rodwell was held up like a Simba in the Lion King for all to see and to gush over. They spoke of building the next England team around him and placed a £30 million price tag on his head. His performance against Manchester United in the 3-1 win, when he celebrated shirtless with Landon Donovan at the Street End ! Was indeed the stuff of childhood dreams come true!

But since then..nothing..zilch..it's all petered out and spluttered to a grinding halt. Making the way clear for Jack Wilshire to be the next flavour of the month.

Maybe this is a minor blip on Jack's record, maybe he will come good again once he finds a more static role in the team. But until then, he will have to bide his time and learn his craft the hard way. I for one, am glad of this, the last time one of our 'Young Stars' started to appear on the media's radar too soon, we lost him after less than a full season. We need to keep hold of and nurture our young talent, not let it become a celebrity asset to be whored out to Coca Cola and Nike for a few measly sheckles :(

Totally agree build them up to tear them down,Rio suposedly on twitter last week having game of cards with the boys,who included our Jack!so no doubt he tappin him up.

Its all abit early i think to speak in definitives, i think its agreed he has undoubted potential, lets be honest his tackleing isnt the best, ive seen worse headers of the ball - though you get the sense from Jack he needs to wan it more, im sure Davey was pointing out areas he needs to improve as an assessment or critiuqe, hes defo not the finished article, that said i stand by my big claims tha the will be a top drawer player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.