Jack Rodwell - Potentially World Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im sorry! but if things stay as they are at the club its looking like its either gonna be rodders or fellie sold!!

so you decide!

Me think felli better now,JACK WOULD DEVELOPE QUICKER WITH BETTER PLAYERS AROUND HIM,UTD,CHELSEA ETC

Me think felli better now,JACK WOULD DEVELOPE QUICKER WITH BETTER PLAYERS AROUND HIM,UTD,CHELSEA ETC

how old is fellie?how old is rodders? look it up pal!

plus fellie has been here a couple of years too and still looked like a game changer!

fletcher .carrick ,anderson .scholes never plays ok last sat. mikel and lampard .or r mikel and felli
would you swop any of them, for r 2, no you would not mark

Moyes "didn't fancy" Seamus Coleman according to some not so long ago.

What happened there then?

Maybe it should be "not quite so in-the-know" when it comes to (some who claim to know) Moyes and his thinking ey?
if your on about bluefox being in the know, how about putting it to the test , you both name the team for sat on here , and see who is in the know,lets put up or shut up lads ,over to you matt and bluefox, let the challange begin

if your on about bluefox being in the know, how about putting it to the test , you both name the team for sat on here , and see who is in the know,lets put up or shut up lads ,over to you matt and bluefox, let the challange begin
you ok with that matt ill have what ye want .neon leon do you want another 100 ?.could do with it lad lots of easter eggs to buy,

When the match is chaotic and wide open that's when he shines as a player. With time and space he's a good passer and makes excellent runs in the box. His shot inside the box is also very leathal as well. However when we are down 1-0 and/or playing a side that's constantly keeping 9-10 back he's not very good and will make mistakes on D. Plus he'll then start jacking up 25-30yd shots into row Z. For that reason I think his game is made to play the kind of style Man Utd plays and he'll be great there. However if City and/or Chelsea goes out and gets him I'm not too sure he'd be very good as they play a more rigid disciplined style.

He can be whatever he wants really, with his attributes the sky's the limit. Footballers with that mix of athleticism and natural ability are few and far between. Carrick is a good player, but a poor example, if he had an ounce of mobility or athleticism he'd be a very good player, Rodwell doesn't have that problem, he's quicker than the vast majority of centre mids, can run with the ball and change direction with relative ease. That alone gives him so much more options as a Footballer, he can run beyond teams, with and without the ball.

Can anyone imagine Carrick or Fellaini turning Kompany inside out down the right wing, or running right through Manchester Utd's defence with relative ease? It just wouldn't happen, as good as they are, they don't have that level of dynamism.

What Rodwell lacks can be taught and improved on. His postional sense and lack of agression are his stand out weaknesses for me. He's too nice at this moment in time, and has a tendency to keep things simple, which is a massive waste when you look at what he has to offer. Moyes certainly doesn't help, his best performances have come behind the striker, but he continues to use him as a deep lying midfielder, where is weaknesses are exposed and he struggles to express himself.

Did anyone notice the complete change in mentality and style when he was deployed behind the striker? Give him freedom and let him play.

The only danger for Rodwell is that he doesn't find a position and becomes a bit of an Abou Diaby. He needs good coaching more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back