Jack Rodwell - Potentially World Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't, he is still very young I just don't know what we should be doing with him.

I dont think Moyes knows either.

Personally, he can be moulded into a Gerrard type player but Moyes wont play him like that because we have Osman, Arteta and Cahill that can play that similar role.

Next season, Rodwell needs to be a regular 1st teamer. But I think this all depends on whether Fellaini or him are sold. If Fellaini goes, Rodwell will take his place. If Rodwell is sold, another team will shape who is as a player.

I dont think Moyes knows either.

Personally, he can be moulded into a Gerrard type player but Moyes wont play him like that because we have Osman, Arteta and Cahill that can play that similar role.

Next season, Rodwell needs to be a regular 1st teamer. But I think this all depends on whether Fellaini or him are sold. If Fellaini goes, Rodwell will take his place. If Rodwell is sold, another team will shape who is as a player.

Well he certainly doesn't have the tackling or positional sense to be a defender or defensive midfielder right now. He has the shooting and engine to be the Gerrard type midfielder but my real worry is that he has the skills but lacks the drive. At his age he should be killing himself in games and grasping his opportunities and he doesn't do that at all.

Well he certainly doesn't have the tackling or positional sense to be a defender or defensive midfielder right now. He has the shooting and engine to be the Gerrard type midfielder but my real worry is that he has the skills but lacks the drive. At his age he should be killing himself in games and grasping his opportunities and he doesn't do that at all.

Im guessing its down to how Moyes is coaching him.

There's plenty of the dreaded youtube video's of him -

(heres one against Germany U21's [video=youtube;sb5bhlIslvQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb5bhlIslvQ&feature=related[/video])

And Toxtethblue had a good one which showed him against Blackpool etc where he ticked the possession over in the midfield effortlessly. But its a debate that has gone on all season. A fair few dont rate him, others do.

I do, but a move to United etc would probably be suited to build his potential.

The longer I think about it, the more I'm warming to the idea of selling him for top dollar and rejuvenate the squad with the money we'll get for him, plus a few other members of our playing squad. As it's obvious, we again won't have much (if any) money to spend in the summer, without the sell to buy policy. If Man Utd, or anyone else offered 20m+ for him, I'd give it serious consideration. On top of that, get Heitinga, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan and maybe even Bilyaletdinov of our wage list and bring in some decent money for moyes to play around with.

As much as I like Rodwell, I think there are choices to be made, at a club with financial restraints like Everton. We need Fellaini to stay, if Rodwell goes though.

I go along with this. Cash in, and hopefully also bring in some money from the sale of the others. I think we need to do everything we can to keep Fellaini and build a new team around him.

I <3 Marouane.

The biggest problem with this is the club have made it clear Moyes won't get all the money. Not sure selling someone like jack is worth it if moyes doesn't get a large proportion of it.

I'm still stuck in two minds about sell or keep with Rodwell. Ideally I'd keep him but business sense may mean to sell.

I see comments from people like "I'd snap Utd's hand off for £20m", "he's overrated", "he's gone backwards this season". I don't agree. In my mind these people are just looking at the immediate, they are looking at his current form (pre ankle injury at the start of the season he was playing well, he was rushed back - his form suffered) and judging his potential on that. He is still a kid, he's still learning his position (I'm pretty sure he is still confused as to whether he is a DM/box to box/AM) and he is obviously going to be inconsistent.

He's been built up so much, been linked to massive moves for big money and surely that increases the pressure, added to a probable knock in confidence with the injuries he has had, it appears to have affected his form.

I just think we shouldn't judge on now, and make snap judgements like "he's ****", I'm still sure he can be a big player for us, all the raw materials are there but his development has been stuttered with some injuries and pressure. Hopefully he can come back next season and kick on again, no injuries, and continue to develop and improve and I hope that's with us.

I'm still stuck in two minds about sell or keep with Rodwell. Ideally I'd keep him but business sense may mean to sell.

I see comments from people like "I'd snap Utd's hand off for £20m", "he's overrated", "he's gone backwards this season". I don't agree. In my mind these people are just looking at the immediate, they are looking at his current form (pre ankle injury at the start of the season he was playing well, he was rushed back - his form suffered) and judging his potential on that. He is still a kid, he's still learning his position (I'm pretty sure he is still confused as to whether he is a DM/box to box/AM) and he is obviously going to be inconsistent.

He's been built up so much, been linked to massive moves for big money and surely that increases the pressure, added to a probable knock in confidence with the injuries he has had, it appears to have affected his form.

I just think we shouldn't judge on now, and make snap judgements like "he's ****", I'm still sure he can be a big player for us, all the raw materials are there but his development has been stuttered with some injuries and pressure. Hopefully he can come back next season and kick on again, no injuries, and continue to develop and improve and I hope that's with us.
Pretty much sums up my feelings.

great points, and i hope you're right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back