Jack Rodwell - Potentially World Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Moyes would snap Utd's arms off for anything above £20m. I just get the impression that Jack's riding his reputation and potential and is only worth that much because of that. If he stayed for two years and did sod all he'd be worth about £5m. Cash in while he's still worth something, might be the best thing we ever do. Rooney's money certainly helped us, this would have a similar effect for a player who isn't near to being world class.

All of the replies in this thread absolutely convince me he'll be a world beater for Everton or another club next year.

Nailed on.

Watched him like a hawk again today and see nothing to suggest he has potential to be world class and despite what's been said in the media don't believe any top clubs are interested in him, especially Man Utd.

He looked really lazy, lethargic and unintrested today, comparing his desire with Coleman is embarressing, looked like he knew he was off which makes you think.

That said hes only back from injury.

The longer I think about it, the more I'm warming to the idea of selling him for top dollar and rejuvenate the squad with the money we'll get for him, plus a few other members of our playing squad. As it's obvious, we again won't have much (if any) money to spend in the summer, without the sell to buy policy. If Man Utd, or anyone else offered 20m+ for him, I'd give it serious consideration. On top of that, get Heitinga, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vaughan and maybe even Bilyaletdinov of our wage list and bring in some decent money for moyes to play around with.

As much as I like Rodwell, I think there are choices to be made, at a club with financial restraints like Everton. We need Fellaini to stay, if Rodwell goes though.

There was a moment in the first half today when Nani picked the ball up centre circle and just jogged past Rodwell without a challenge.

He's much better than that, but if you were a CL team manager and saw it you wouldn't touch him with a shittty stick.

I think it's time to stop all this talk of him being potentially world class or of £20 million+ transfers and just let the lad develop. The media have hyped him beyond all recognition and I think he'd benefit from people being written off to an extent. I'd like the hype to stop and just see what he becomes. I've noticed that more and more people on non Everton forums are now actually questioning his potential and if this leads to the media stop hyping him up and linking him to big money moves then I think it could actually help him.

if he was 25 or 26 and played like that, i'd be calling for him to be sold to whoever would take him. i still think that defensive midfield is not the right position for him though, can't decide if he looks more like an attacking midfielder or a centre half. either way moyes can't keep playing him in that position, he just can't seem to get into the game like that

He was atrocious today, I have never seen a player look so laid back when we are under pressure. He doesn't seem to grasp the momentum shift in a game at all.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back