Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

That’s a lot of hassle, why would they not just sit back and trouser their 30% from someone else buying him right now?
I guess they could re-insert another 30% clause after they've re-sold him, so if he ends up going for more in the future, they'd get more? But I agree, seems like a waste of time. Unless there is something in it for the player (and agent) from being sold twice, can't see why the player would go for this

Which is to Dyche's testament.

Take one/both of Branthwaite & DCL out the team and throw in 1-2 promoted teams like Ipswich/Leicester who likely have more about them than the 3 turkeys who have just been relegated... and we are a few injuries / poor form away from a battle. Relegation I couldn't envisage, but stagnation in the bottom 6 only continues to hurt our revenue & does nothing in attracting better sponsorships etc to the club.

I think many of our fans (and the incoming owners) are living in cuckoo land if they think going with what we have got will see us around the top half, especially when both Coleman & Young are a further year older.
Window is not over ffs i dont think the squad is ready, the club is still trying to bring players in we could bring in a cb 2 wingers cm and a cf. that is just with dcl onana leaving

because of the sell-on its likely to be closer to 9m which will be amortised over the length of the contract. So will be a couple of mill per year of his contrcat at most. If he came back and got some prem and also CL minutes, we'd be able to easily sell him on for a lot more than the reported 18m fee for this season. However, I'm still taking all of this with a massive pinch of salt.
Trust me as Everton fans we’ve done all the mental gymnastics to try to make bad deals seem like good deals. But even if you get him at a discounted 14m the 9m to own a player you already owned is pure wastage. You can amortise that but it’s still 9m. And yes you may well make a profit if x and y occur but it’s still 9m less profit on a player you had for nothing.

You’re on top of the world right now and fair play to you but these things catch up, believe me.

But like you say, there’s all sorts of games here so let’s see what happens. I still suspect all parties are just milking Ipswich for a bit more.

If he signed a 4 year deal, that's £3m a year on PSR.
Sell him to us next summer, then they pocket the full £18m on the books of next years PSR
They don’t because you’d have to subtract his remaining book value. Plus the first year of amortisation is paid so really there’s little to no PSR benefit.

Even if they get him for the discounted 14 then sell him for the full 18 that’s no more profit than just letting someone else buy him and taking the sell on fee. In fact it’s worse because you have two lots of buying / selling fees. It’s not worth the hassle.

Trust me as Everton fans we’ve done all the mental gymnastics to try to make bad deals seem like good deals. But even if you get him at a discounted 14m the 9m to own a player you already owned is pure wastage. You can amortise that but it’s still 9m. And yes you may well make a profit if x and y occur but it’s still 9m less profit on a player you had for nothing.

You’re on top of the world right now and fair play to you but these things catch up, believe me.

But like you say, there’s all sorts of games here so let’s see what happens. I still suspect all parties are just milking Ipswich for a bit more.

maybe so and I see your point. but we sold a player last summer to Burnley for £18m that had played 0 minutes for us; Archer to Sheff U for roughly the same who also had little prem exposure; Kellyman this season for 19m. I would be extremely confident that if we were to re-sign him and then sell him again next summer, or the one after, he would easily match if not outstrip those figures. We certainly wouldn't lose money on him. Unfortunately in today's PSR world - and you as a set of supporters will know more than most on this - transfers are no longer about just getting a player in but buying young and looking for resale value. Philogene would likely fall into the category. After we failed to get the losses raised to 130m our CEO said we'd have to find more imaginative ways around the rules, this appears to be the strategy.

Yeah I guess you could look at it as only 13m….but it’s 13m spent just to keep a player they already had. I think if it was us doing that sort of business (spending 20m on Simms or Cannon, say) it would be getting all sorts of stick.

They might not care about that of course so it could go ahead but it’s still fun to imagine the fume on here if we were doing the same thing.

The fee will also be ammortised mate, so even if they keep him for a season and sell him next year for 18 mill or even loan him out, they've done well.

Worked out OK with Johnson and beattie (as in we got the player we wanted)

How long ago were they?

The trend is for protracted or fought over players is that we lose out for the majority.

Unless we get a deal done immediately once other clubs enter the fray it's usually time to look elsewhere.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back