Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

They don’t own the club, Farhad Moshiri does

This was established yesterday

They have paid off MSP & paid some money towards the ongoing stadium build according to the reports.

Which is wonderful news, but that doesn't solve the issue of us having a mediocre squad that will be set for another bottom 6 battle unless we solve the issues up top and at full back.

That squad is desperate for investment.

….’offering him first team football’ is a nothing of a statement.

To think Everton buys a capable winger and tells him he’s not playing ‘first team football’ is laughable. To think Ipswich guarantee a player will start every game is off the mark. Managers will tell them why they want them, what they can bring to the team. Players will believe they will force their way into the side.

Not at all - manager's quite often lead with there being a place in the team for a certain player; where they see them playing within the team role and how he sees the team progressing. To think any manager wouldn't use that as a tactic to get a player in is a bit naive if you don't mind me saying. Quite a lot of that will have been discussed at agent level beforehand. Philogene didn't leave Villa and go to Hull because he was promised that if he worked hard he might get games. Similarly, if Ipswich needed to offer something Everton couldn't to attract any player being a starter would be huge carrot.

The pre-agreed part is a little confusing.

"We're selling you, but if we want you back next year are these terms okay with you?"
If you’re at the point where you’re agreeing personal terms for their return why are you even selling? They’ve basically paid 13m for Hull to take him on loan for a season. Moshirian levels of wastage.

They have paid off MSP & paid some money towards the ongoing stadium build according to the reports.

Which is wonderful news, but that doesn't solve the issue of us having a mediocre squad that will be set for another bottom 6 battle unless we solve the issues up top and at full back.

Thank god they’ve started paying off some of the debt mountain that Farhad Moshiri was piling on top of the club anyway.

This squad finished 12th last season

Yeah I guess you could look at it as only 13m….but it’s 13m spent just to keep a player they already had. I think if it was us doing that sort of business (spending 20m on Simms or Cannon, say) it would be getting all sorts of stick.

They might not care about that of course so it could go ahead but it’s still fun to imagine the fume on here if we were doing the same thing.
because of the sell-on its likely to be closer to 9m which will be amortised over the length of the contract. So will be a couple of mill per year of his contrcat at most. If he came back and got some prem and also CL minutes, we'd be able to easily sell him on for a lot more than the reported 18m fee for this season. However, I'm still taking all of this with a massive pinch of salt.

This squad finished 12th last season

Which is to Dyche's testament.

Take one/both of Branthwaite & DCL out the team and throw in 1-2 promoted teams like Ipswich/Leicester who likely have more about them than the 3 turkeys who have just been relegated... and we are a few injuries / poor form away from a battle. Relegation I couldn't envisage, but stagnation in the bottom 6 only continues to hurt our revenue & does nothing in attracting better sponsorships etc to the club.

I think many of our fans (and the incoming owners) are living in cuckoo land if they think going with what we have got will see us around the top half, especially when both Coleman & Young are a further year older.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back