Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

The fee will also be ammortised mate, so even if they keep him for a season and sell him next year for 18 mill or even loan him out, they've done well.
But that would be no better than just doing nothing and letting him go to Ipswich and taking the 30% of the profit.

Even if we’re just talking PSR they can get 4m of pure profit from doing nothing. If no one is willing to pay more than 18 there’s no trickery that makes them more money than that.

Maybe they want the player, maybe they’d make more profit in the future (not guaranteed). But however you massage the numbers they’d be paying 9m net just to own a player they already owned. It’s wastage.

maybe so and I see your point. but we sold a player last summer to Burnley for £18m that had played 0 minutes for us; Archer to Sheff U for roughly the same who also had little prem exposure; Kellyman this season for 19m. I would be extremely confident that if we were to re-sign him and then sell him again next summer, or the one after, he would easily match if not outstrip those figures. We certainly wouldn't lose money on him. Unfortunately in today's PSR world - and you as a set of supporters will know more than most on this - transfers are no longer about just getting a player in but buying young and looking for resale value. Philogene would likely fall into the category. After we failed to get the losses raised to 130m our CEO said we'd have to find more imaginative ways around the rules, this appears to be the strategy.
Can’t even be mad at clubs having to get creative. The lengths we’re having to go to avoid punishment from awful rules. Just saw United are skirting the line…wonder what mental gymnastics the Prem will perform to avoid any sanctions?

But that would be no better than just doing nothing and letting him go to Ipswich and taking the 30% of the profit.

Even if we’re just talking PSR they can get 4m of pure profit from doing nothing. If no one is willing to pay more than 18 there’s no trickery that makes them more money than that.

Maybe they want the player, maybe they’d make more profit in the future (not guaranteed). But however you massage the numbers they’d be paying 9m net just to own a player they already owned. It’s wastage.
I guess thinking from their eyes out it makes sense on a number of front mate.

Hes a player they obviously thought would come good - or else they wouldn't have inserted the unusual clause. 5 million asset has now turned into an 18 mill asset for 3.5 mill a year in an ammortised fee, at a time when PSR is a consideration for them - are they getting better for cheaper - with a squad thats going to need depth by playing Weds - Sat for the first time. As we've seen with Barkley, value is clearly a PSR consideration in adding that dept.

Seems fairly logical, good value and low risk - clearly a market for the lad.

Last edited:
If he joins great as it means he chose Everton over other options, if he doesn’t so be it - it means he was not really invested in Everton just after the best contract.

What is Philogene at the PL level? No one knows.

This isn’t like Richarlison coming in where a good amount was spent. If it happens it’s 16 million, its squad player money.
I think he can run fast mate.

Also Richarlison is slow too.

I’m being very simple here but we need someone in our attack who can run and actually cause a worry when they’re 1v1 or on counters.

I guess thinking from their eyes out it makes sense on a number of front mate.

Hes a player they obviously thought would come good - or else they wouldn't have inserted the unusual clause. 5 million asset has now turned into an 18 mill asset for 3.5 mill a year in an ammortised fee, at a time when PSR is a consideration for them - are they getting better then cheaper - with a squad thats going to need depth by playing Weds - Sat for the first time. As we've seen with Barkley, value is clearly a PSR consideration in adding that dept.

Seems fairly logical, good value and low risk - clearly a market for the lad.
Yeah there may well be logic to them signing him back. But my original point was just that there is no version of this where they’re better off selling him for 5 and re-signing for 14 than if they just hadn’t sold him in the first place. It’s wastage and if we re-signed a player under the same circumstances (like Cannon or Simms) most people would see it as such, EVEN IF it was a reasonable signing in isolation.

Saw him quite a lot in the Championship last season and said he'd be in the Premier League this year. Whether he can reach Bowen levels of stepping up, who knows. (Also said Gyokeres was good enough to step up to Premier League level and firmly believe we missed out there)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back