Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

Started at 0, they made 5, buy at 13 net, PSR cost about 3.5 mill, sell again for 18, 23 million PSR from 0 - while using a now PL player others are fighting for for a year or longer.

Interesting the approach - with Archer and the other young players they sold last summer i wonder do they have similar clauses if one comes good - if so seems like a strategy.

If we could make 4 times the 7 million we paid for Cannon by resigning, id be open to resigning him, if he turned in improved performances like Philly.
You aren’t subtracting book value when calculating PSR profit. No matter how you spin it they would be better never having sold and potentially making 18m profit on a book value of zero.

You aren’t subtracting book value when calculating PSR profit. No matter how you spin it they would be better never having sold and potentially making 18m profit on a book value of zero.

Yep, your right mate, apologies - less his book.

But he wasn't an 18 mill player then, 5 mill was his value obviously.

In hindsight loan was a way to go, but they hedged their best also with the buy back - likely due to PSR. Im nearly certain they did it with Archer as well and they had to sell to come under the threshold that summer. Would they have sold him without PSR? - its interesting. Would we have sold Cannon etc............

We are also talking about his value if things are static, Ipswich and we are interested in investing in him as we see a better return then 18 mill, so do Villa, they stand to make any profit we would or Ipswich - cheaper, i think they also see value in him as a player as in i dont think they are doing this just for finances.

I guess they've just lost track of where everything is up to and are making a mistake in the round up seeing as it hasn't actually been reported anywhere.
Screenshot_20240710_093719_Chrome.webp

Sky reporting we've gone to the 18 million and have a deal in place with Hull - its on the transfer live thingy.

Roma fans have said that The Friedkin Group listen to the fans and keep an eye on social media.

Possibly they have seen my assessment yesterday/today and have given the greenlight to increase our bid.

Fingers crossed (although SSN are not the most accurate these days so best to take things with a pinch of salt).

It’s a win/win for Villa this.
They either get the player for a reasonable amount, or carry on enticing a bidding war knowing they’ll profit from it anyway.

I’d be tempted to walk away at this point.

Roma fans have said that The Friedkin Group listen to the fans and keep an eye on social media.

Possibly they have seen my assessment yesterday/today and have given the greenlight to increase our bid.

Fingers crossed (although SSN are not the most accurate these days so best to take things with a pinch of salt).
😂😂😂😂😂, they probably didn’t realise it was you because you may be didn’t tag yourself in on it!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back