Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

Aston Villa rival Ipswich, Everton for Hull's Philogene​

Latest from Sky Sports News' Lyall Thomas, Adrian Kajumba and Dharmesh Sheth:
Aston Villa have matched the agreements other clubs have reached with Hull for Jaden Philogene.
A clause exists in the winger's Hull contract that allows for Villa - his former club - to match any bids from other teams.
Ipswich and Everton have agreed £18m deals in principle with Hull to sign Philogene.
Crystal Palace are also understood to be interested. The decision now rests with the player.
Philogene joined Hull from Villa for £5m last year.
If Philogene decides to join Villa, it is understood that Ipswich will continue with their separate deal for his Hull team-mate Jacob Greaves.

Time to move on, what's to stop the tractor boys moving to £20m like they bid £18m when Hull agreed a £16m sale. It's becoming facial, that agents fee goes up every day.

….if Hull have agreed a fee with 3 clubs, i don’t see it as a bidding war. Villa have matched the fee as is their right, now it’s up to the player to choose where he wants to play next season.

No point in any of the clubs raising their offer, the player will go where he wants. Any bidding war could be in relation to personal terms.

Last edited:

Yes I know i've already seen that my point is that is a report about Villa bidding 18 mil and just mentions in passing that we have aswell but nobody has ever actually reported on us doing it so i think they might have just got confused after all the messing about yesterday and forgotten that we never actually bid that much.
It's understandable lol there's just been an onslaught of articles, statements , tweets with various conflicting info over the last couple of days where all starts to blur together

Roma fans have said that The Friedkin Group listen to the fans and keep an eye on social media.

Possibly they have seen my assessment yesterday/today and have given the greenlight to increase our bid.

Fingers crossed (although SSN are not the most accurate these days so best to take things with a pinch of salt).

Rumours circulating that the Friedkin family have developed an unhealthy obsession with Katie Price so you could be onto something.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back