Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

I thought terms with the club had already been agreed which i would expect that agreement to be made in writing? So what if another club comes in with more money if you've got an agreement they have to abide by that agreement unless it was all done down the pub with handshakes and a few packets of dry roasted. If the lad decides to go to Ipswich then they're welcome to him if thats his level of ambition, i know we've not exactly been pulling up trees but two seasons ago they were in the third division and are likely to be back in the championship in 12 months.

The only reason we were even in a relegation dogfight was that moshiri's ineptitude with our finances that lead to point deductions we would be firmly mid table without them. You're making a lot of assumptions without any factual knowledge of the situation, first of all maybe they have other targets or that the player's agent is an unpredictable factor they don't wanna engage in any further, also moshiri is still the owner how can you put any onus on people who aren't running the club yet lol once again another hyperbolic post at least Dave is creative with his comments and seems fully invested in his paranoia this critique of the club which the person you champion is still in charge is befuddling

You sound like a happy clapper Curtis.

If this boy turns out to be another Olise/Eze, the club have had their pants pulled down by haggling over £2 million.

To put that into perspective, we would recoup £2m by loaning out Holgate or finishing 1 place higher in the league table this coming season.

Bill Kenwright really has done a number on some of you boys.

I do find it hilarious seeing posters say stuff like "2mill is peanuts for a prem club, just stump up the extra" etc, off the back of a season where we was deducted a ton of points for failing to meet spending requirements
Also it's not 2m it's 18m. It's like when my ex wife used to order something online that was £5 but £19.99 postage and packing. In her head the total cost was £5. Well it's not really like that but it reminded me of it.

To be fair Ipswich is a nice part of the world, well some parts of it anyway.
Steve Wright approves this message

IMG_0160.webp

Have not a clue about either player but would prefer Asprilla over Philogene. Just that it's a more exotic name. Philogene sounds like an instrument you would play in a school concert
I’m a Toffee living in Hull, when I can’t get to the Old Lady I go watch the Tigers.

Philogene is definitely a talent, beats a man so easy, unpredictable, an eye for goal, has pace and can find a pass, there’s a sense of real excitement when he gets on the ball, like… ‘what havoc will he create this time’ sometimes defences just can’t handle him.

I would only question whether a step up to the Prem and Prem defenders and their far better closing down skills, may blunt some of those attributes he has. He’s also a bit on the lightweight side, maybe too lightweight, but so was George Best and he went past players like they weren’t there too.
But they were top defenders and internationals , whereas, at the mo, Jayden is only doing it at tier 2.
The jury is out for me on Philogene, I’d say Asprilla is the better option.

If this boy turns out to be another Olise/Eze, the club have had their pants pulled down by haggling over £2 million.

To put that into perspective, we would recoup £2m by loaning out Holgate or finishing 1 place higher in the league table this coming season.

You're calling me a happy clapper when you completely abstain from providing any scrutiny on moshiri when he along with kenwright (at the time he was chairman) continued to hobble the club and say silly things like we should honor him some way at the new stadium. Also once again moshiri is ultimately overseeing this deal so if it's penny pinching it's on him but once again all conjecture at this stage he could be another Eze or he could be like Dwight Gayle

I think it was reported we wanted £250k off Sheff Utd to loan Holgate, chucking random lines out like we'd recoup £2m by loaning Holgate is just garbage.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back