Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

I’d love to live in your world where £2m isn’t an obscene amount of money.

Very centrist.
Maybe Josh wander from 777 could of dropped off that extra 2 million when he was still smuggling cocaine into the u.s like scarface
0_JW.jpg

Last edited:
I’m a Toffee living in Hull, when I can’t get to the Old Lady I go watch the Tigers.

Philogene is definitely a talent, beats a man so easy, unpredictable, an eye for goal, has pace and can find a pass, there’s a sense of real excitement when he gets on the ball, like… ‘what havoc will he create this time’ sometimes defences just can’t handle him.

I would only question whether a step up to the Prem and Prem defenders and their far better closing down skills, may blunt some of those attributes he has. He’s also a bit on the lightweight side, maybe too lightweight, but so was George Best and he went past players like they weren’t there too.
But they were top defenders and internationals , whereas, at the mo, Jayden is only doing it at tier 2.
The jury is out for me on Philogene, I’d say Asprilla is the better option.
If Philogene does sign mate do you think he be asleep effectively on the right side of midfield or is he better playing off the left?

….like Maupay and Beto :coffee:
I’m not defending Gonzo, I’m saying it’ll be down to him what we pay.
You’ve got a weird bee in your bonnet, but he’s probably done the best out of all of our DoF’s on the whole given the circumstances.

Foreverbullhead is pinning us not paying the extra £2m on Friedkin (who doesn’t even own us) for some weird reason.

When you're considering why Philogene may choose Ipswich over Everton - and I qualify this by stating that none of us know what is happening behind the scenes - its worth remembering that he left Villa solely because he wanted regular first-team football which weren't in a position to offer. It may simply be that although Everton are a more attractive proposition, Ipswich are offering him first team football. Given that was why he left Villa its also admirable that he's willing to back himself rather than sit on a bench and potentially waste a career. Again, I'm guessing here but it wouldn't surprise me.

….’offering him first team football’ is a nothing of a statement.

To think Everton buys a capable winger and tells him he’s not playing ‘first team football’ is laughable. To think Ipswich guarantee a player will start every game is off the mark. Managers will tell them why they want them, what they can bring to the team. Players will believe they will force their way into the side.

When you're considering why Philogene may choose Ipswich over Everton - and I qualify this by stating that none of us know what is happening behind the scenes - its worth remembering that he left Villa solely because he wanted regular first-team football which weren't in a position to offer. It may simply be that although Everton are a more attractive proposition, Ipswich are offering him first team football. Given that was why he left Villa its also admirable that he's willing to back himself rather than sit on a bench and potentially waste a career. Again, I'm guessing here but it wouldn't surprise me.
If you don't have the confidence in your ability to get in our starting 11 with your only competition being McNeil, Young and Harris then your never be a prem player.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back