Transfer Rumour Jadon Philogene

So how does this work then? I understand they *have* to accept if Villa match the highest offer, but then why wouldn’t they anyway?

Does it mean they have to *only* accept Villa’s offer unless someone exceeds it? But then what happens if the player doesn’t want to go back? Transfer keeps getting messier.

Either way it feels like no chance Everton’s lower offer will work and if we’re not increasing we’re out of the race.

I think its basically just first refusal obviously this has been a big saga played out in the media but when they put the clause in they didn't know that would happen its just so that Hull have to inform Villa they're about to sell him and give them the opportunity to buy him back which could happen under the radar in some cases. If he doesn't want to go back he doesn't have to.

Clever from villa as the other clubs will now need to increase their bid and they get a higher % sell on fee.

Or they may genuinely want him back.
Yeah you may be right with the first part. If they were genuinely planning to get him back why have they signed two other young English left wingers this summer already? And if he left for game time the prospect hasn’t increased much. Yet more games.

People wondering why we didn’t just go from 16 to 18 like it’s nothing but I suspect we also smelled that would not be the end of it there.

I think its basically just first refusal obviously this has been a big saga played out in the media but when they put the clause in they didn't know that would happen its just so that Hull have to inform Villa they're about to sell him and give them the opportunity to buy him back which could happen under the radar in some cases. If he doesn't want to go back he doesn't have to.
Assume villa have a sell on clause as well

I thought this.
Is it a case of they know he has picked ourselves, who wont bid what Ipswich have offered, so have thrown a bid in there in hope we have to offer the same?

Or as you say, might just see an opportunity? If they have a 30% of the profit from the original sale they would only have to pay £14m

Personally it all looks far to messy, I'd move on to other targets

To be fair you could just offer like £1 more if you suspected this.

Yet again, showing you lack any cognitive function when it comes to business.

Using that plucked figure you have pulled out, yes I would have preferred spending £90m on two players who would have had us top 8 alongside Richarlison up top than spend £90m on Tosun, Moise Kean & Alex Iwobi.

3 Turkeys.
No I think that’s you.

1. We have a cash flow issue, whereas Ipswich don’t seeing as they’ve just landed a massive cash boost

2. The DoF will have a valuation what he believes the player is worth. Not some cringe lord from Widnes

And speaking of Moise Kean; this you mate:
IMG_3254.webp

Is there any PSR benefit to Villa buying Philogene to include in some sort of swap with us for DCL? Just thinking that Villa will need a forward if they're selling Duran.
I’d be fairly sure that would go down as not good faith from the PL end of things. But you never know I guess! That whole concept has never been tested - edit, I said court but you know what i mean.

Although he has a good reputation as a prospect and maybe Villa just want him back.

Wouldn't the player have a say if aston villa initiate the sell back clause? I know aston villa are in the champions league but they are stacked om the wings with diaby, Bailey and just picked up Samuel Iling-Junior from juventus so this whole undertaking could be over or maybe more twists?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back