2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt Garner did some decent things in the first half, but when Gana went and others shrivelled away he looked way out of his depth.

It’s far too early to make a proper judgement on him, however I’m not sure I’ll be confident relying on him just yet.

3-4 years...Price maybe alongside him if he progresses as quickly as I'd like and since I'm counting on Onana being gone in 2 or less.

Doesn't work as well in a 2, don't blame him though, not many midfielders do. If he was in there with Onana and Gana around him be miles more useful.

Plus he didn't really get the chance to dictate, we had like 30% possession.

Id just like to see him for 90mins alongside Onana with Doucoure in front of them.
Yes but I still think no gana would be a big miss also. He is under estimated on here on what he does. Gana has a mistake in him but he brings more to the team. I have no problem with Garner and this is a time I am glad I am not a manager

I’d keep him in the middle against Newcastle with Gana and Onana, then Iwobi back on the right. That should be our midfield 3 for the rest of the season.

Doesn't work as well in a 2, don't blame him though, not many midfielders do. If he was in there with Onana and Gana around him be miles more useful.

Plus he didn't really get the chance to dictate, we had like 30% possession.

Got to earn the right to dictate but him, Gueye and Iwobi didn't do that. Right now he's a Championship level player getting used to the top flight while recovering from an injury.

Yes but I still think no gana would be a big miss also. He is under estimated on here on what he does. Gana has a mistake in him but he brings more to the team. I have no problem with Garner and this is a time I am glad I am not a manager

Hes the only midfielder we have that can dictate, pick and switch play quickly.

I think Onana would benefit playing next to him and then its a case of like you say, whether Gana or Garner is more effective.

It would be nice to fit all 3 in the team...but then no Doucoure so we lose a fulcrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back