2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Risk what exactly though, honestly? We have no options and he's an option, what's the risk? "He's not ready" at 19 years? Then he'll never be ready lol
Only due to inexperience of the PL. If we had been good enough this season with 2 or 3 goal leads then an introduction of those players would have helped them and us short term. The fact they haven't played at this level is the worry

Only due to inexperience of the PL. If we had been good enough this season with 2 or 3 goal leads then an introduction of those players would have helped them and us short term. The fact they haven't played at this level is the worry
"Inexperience" is a BS excuse for players not being good enough.

With our current record we could have Messi and he'd never sniff the first team cuz he's "not ready". Then we wonder why every team around and abroad gets these good young players lol

So they get experience only when they're 20, never before then? If they never play, they never get experience, and you start somewhere.

"Inexperience" is a BS excuse for players not being good enough.

With our current record we could have Messi and he'd never sniff the first team cuz he's "not ready". Then we wonder why every team around and abroad gets these good young players lol

So they get experience only when they're 20, never before then? If they never play, they never get experience, and you start somewhere.
I think when in a relegation battle the manager would not risk introducing debuts for youngsters. Don't get me wrong those players could turn out to be a Godsend but I feel a manager would not risk them in the position we are in. I agree when we have the likes of Godfrey, Holgate, Davies and even to an extent Gray then you feel we should be able to try one or both of these players but if it didn't work out then the fans turn on the manager

I think when in a relegation battle the manager would not risk introducing debuts for youngsters. Don't get me wrong those players could turn out to be a Godsend but I feel a manager would not risk them in the position we are in. I agree when we have the likes of Godfrey, Holgate, Davies and even to an extent Gray then you feel we should be able to try one or both of these players but if it didn't work out then the fans turn on the manager

Last 10mins Mills could have seen game time in a couple of games to see how he looked.

As opposed to what's currently happening, which is the fans turning on the manager for honestly bizarre decisions to start/play absolute turds.

I get what you're saying but "experience", as people around Everton believe it is, will mean we NEVER have a good youth player, as all other clubs have, as we play no one that's actually a youth prospect anyway and haven't consistently since probably Vaughan or Rodwell.

It's okay though, as Dyche is know to also not give youth a chance anyway. Might as well shut down the academy, they'll never get "experience" or playtime here anyway.

As opposed to what's currently happening, which is the fans turning on the manager for honestly bizarre decisions to start/play absolute turds.

I get what you're saying but "experience", as people around Everton believe it is, will mean we NEVER have a good youth player, as all other clubs have, as we play no one that's actually a youth prospect anyway and haven't consistently since probably Vaughan or Rodwell.

It's okay though, as Dyche is know to also not give youth a chance anyway. Might as well shut down the academy, they'll never get "experience" or playtime here anyway.
I can't really disagree with what your saying. Just trying to put the managers hat on and see how I can protect myself afterall managers do not like to play a risk game despite having useless players for fear of criticism

Would have liked it but we haven't really been in a position to do so. I would say the games where we had been soundly beaten could've been a good intro for them....like at Arsenal and Liverpool
What an absolutely mental take - this is exactly why we have no and deserve no good youth players.

What an absolutely mental take - this is exactly why we have no and deserve no good youth players.
Nothing mental on that take. What happens if these youngsters show the inexperience or show they are not at the level required, the manager will get slaughtered and even you would think the manager was stupid. It is a high risk at this stage of the season

Nothing mental on that take. What happens if these youngsters show the inexperience or show they are not at the level required, the manager will get slaughtered and even you would think the manager was stupid. It is a high risk at this stage of the season

The man is playing Keane, Holgate, Maupay and the likes...if young players cant get in ahead of them then theyre either way off being ready or the manager is incompetent.

It is a tricky balance for sure when the team is underperforming and under huge pressure. But their careers are about to take a downward turn anyway as they’ll be in the Championship without even having a say in the matter. If I was a young player I’d beg to go on with the attitude that I can’t be blamed for the catastrophic mess the experiences seasoned pros have got themselves in, not my fault. I might be the only one able to play with freedom, assuming I’m good enough. Point against Chelsea was almost entirely down to the confidence of youth. Gray would have curled up a ball and cried if presented with that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back