2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the attitude. Not James brought you to Everton but destiny. Chosen not manufactured. Same goes for @UptheTofees .

As for the pineapple on pizza. As we, the anti-pop justice fighters say, why ruin a perfectly fine pizza by putting pineapple on top of it?
@Dutch Toffee I agree, destiny has brought me to many great scenes including this forum.

As for pineapple on pizza. I love to ruin it that way but I respect those who don't know better :p

Last edited:
This is Everton and I am here to stay.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I will say that I will not be surprised if we played well still. When good players come to a team and the winning starts, the others raise their level of play. Attitudes and efforts improve and the teams perform even without their stars. It's obviously not sustainable over a long period of time, but a few games it's very possible.

DCL, Doucs, Allan, Keane, Digne. We have enough quality to sustain. COYB!
Well said. I am not used to seeing such positive comments on here when the going starts getting tough..

Seems it's not only the Colombian footballers who are breathing fresh air into our Club ;)

I might be looking in to this too deeply but the press conference seemed different didn't it? After the restart we had some pixelated zoom call for our press conferences, now it's all crisp and HD and only one journalist asking questions.

Pickford would have watched this and it shows his manager standing up for him. Will be a good boost for him.

I think this is just me overthinking that Carlo is toying with the RS media, and that James will be back to his usual sexy self by Sunday.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have to do this every so often with him. I've been kind of waiting for something like this ever since it was announced we were getting him for nothing.

We may just be blaming this on VVD for convenience. I was half expecting him not to start the derby after what Ancelotti said about him needing to be on the bench if Colombia were to push him through multiple full 90s (and I believe they did).

He may simply need to rest after playing mid-week games as a rule to prevent recurring injuries.

Carlo could also obviously be telling the truth, but I am finding it hard to believe that he played on for 90 minutes with an issue bad enough for us to say he's missing out on a game 8 days later, this far in advance.
He might well have a knock or maybe Carlo just intends resting him as a precaution. Who knows whether it's a result of the VVD challenge.

But the VVD comments were definitely aimed at the red press just as a reminder. It worked too because SSN showed that tackle earlier and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the first time it has been replayed on TV since the game itself on Saturday.

TBF, you are right. Madrid forums were never as entertaining or friendly.

Thank you. Seriously, we take that as a huge compliment.

I guess being an Evertonian gives us a level of "Oh FFS" moments which translates into not taking stuff too seriously, in the grand scheme of things.

Some stuff this forum has done you will honestly be amazed at.

He might well have a knock or maybe Carlo just intends resting him as a precaution. Who knows whether it's a result of the VVD challenge.

But the VVD comments were definitely aimed at the red press just as a reminder. It worked too because SSN showed that tackle earlier and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the first time it has been replayed on TV since the game itself on Saturday.

Any chance of posting that clip or giving a link to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back