2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
To @UptheTofees, @Sassy Colombian and all our other new Colombian friends, I need you to brace yourselves. We've looked like world beaters with your boy in the team, but this is NOT the Everton we have endured the last few years and I feel we've given you a false impression. Please don't be shocked at the team that takes to the field on Sunday, we like having you as fans
@Prevenger17 thanks for the warning. I won't be shocked, I'm ready to support the Team regardless of James being there or not. I do hope the Team's mentality has changed a bit for this season and they feel they can overcome whatever challenge they encounter this Sunday, even if our Colombian prince is not playing. It is a good test for the team and I will continue being a fan even after the Colombians are gone.

Btw, one thing I'm still shocked about is your dislike for pineapple in pizza ;)

Last edited:
This is Everton and I am here to stay.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I will say that I will not be surprised if we played well still. When good players come to a team and the winning starts, the others raise their level of play. Attitudes and efforts improve and the teams perform even without their stars. It's obviously not sustainable over a long period of time, but a few games it's very possible.

DCL, Doucs, Allan, Keane, Digne. We have enough quality to sustain. COYB!
Great attitude. Horribly misplaced confidence, but great attitude.

I have an inkling Carlo might be playing games with his James announcement earlier today, but if he is indeed out - through no fault of his own - then, coupled with the mindless loss of Richarlison, I think we'll struggle. How much we struggle will be insightful. If the spirit and attitude has changed, we might surprise ourselves and the likes of Siggy might step up, given the chance. However, I know enough about last year's Everton - which we will more closely resemble on Sunday - to expect very little indeed.

Richarlison is a blow, but James is not a loss we can even hope to cover. Damage limitation time. A truly resurgent Everton goes to Southampton without these guys and finds a way to win. A resilient squad gets a point. Old Everton ships three and Danny Ings makes Team of the Week.
Quite opposite, mentally we are far better than last season. Ok, there won't be Richarlison and James, but there is still enough quality to cope with Southampton. We don't play against Barca.

This is Everton and I am here to stay.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I will say that I will not be surprised if we played well still. When good players come to a team and the winning starts, the others raise their level of play. Attitudes and efforts improve and the teams perform even without their stars. It's obviously not sustainable over a long period of time, but a few games it's very possible.

DCL, Doucs, Allan, Keane, Digne. We have enough quality to sustain. COYB!
As long as DCL can still leap like a salmon, we'll be ok.

@Prevenger17 thanks for the warning. I won't be shocked, I'm ready to support the Team regardless of James being there or not. I do hope the Team's mentality has changed a bit for this season and they feel they can overcome whatever challenge they encounter this Sunday, even if our Colombian prince is not playing. It is a good test for the team and I will continue being a fan even after the Colombians are gone.

Just wait until you've sat through Gylfi Sigurdsson for an hour.

True, but i hope it could be double-edged sword, when they expect easier task and then something completely different happens
Saints will have probably been reviewing how to stop James and the lovely diagonal passes. Now that plans out the window they haven't got long to re-do their tactics against us. As long as we win the midfield battle and get to the 2nd balls we'll be sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.