2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavani had a considerable ban and missed a bit due to quarantining early on in the season didn’t he?

I think it was when he first signed mate. This is how him and James compare in the Premier league:

Cavani: Appearances 26, 1,366 minutes played, 10 goals, 3 assists. (2,060 minutes played including all cup games)

James: appearances 23, 1,776 minutes played, 6 goals, 5 assists. (2,046 minutes played including all cup games)

I think it was when he first signed mate. This is how him and James compare in the Premier league:

Cavani: Appearances 26, 1,366 minutes played, 10 goals, 3 assists. (2,060 minutes played including all cup games)

James: appearances 23, 1,776 minutes played, 6 goals, 5 assists. (2,046 minutes played including all cup games)
My bad I thought he missed some of the early games in the season because of it too. He was hit with a 3 match ban for an Instagram post however

I totally agree. I think after the marketing reveal of the signing, which was surprisingly well done, I'm not sure we've made the most of James on the PR side. But then again, maybe he's happy in having a quiet time for a couple of years. I'm hoping that Carlo and James both are motivated by being at a family - style warm club that loves them, but is slightly out of the spotlight. Going down in history at a club must be worth something. and Sky and media idiots never talk about James.

I'm inclined to agree, he adds something special when he plays but his seemingly constant doubt over whether he pays or not causes disruption, good teams play regular starting 11s, or near to, we have chopped and changed lineups, formations and styles all season.

Ok guys, so shall we go back to Dowell, depend on Siggy? Or maybe sign another Klassen as the creative force in our team? Asking for a friend.

All we need is a regular midfield and defence around him, and then another direct, pacy attacking option, or a different RW option who can be alternating with him. It won't be a massive change in tactics, but it's also good if we change formation and style for different teams and are flexible enough to have 2 - 3 options for our style of play.

The difference is United can still do the business when Cavani can’t (thanks to Fernandes mostly) whereas we don’t seem to have any other midfields capable of a forward pass other than Allan who’s been equally injured.
This is not James fault, Carlo will get better players in in the coming months.

The difference is United can still do the business when Cavani can’t (thanks to Fernandes mostly) whereas we don’t seem to have any other midfields capable of a forward pass other than Allan who’s been equally injured.
This is not James fault, Carlo will get better players in in the coming months.
Yes, with more quality in the team we can make the most of James.

Status
Not open for further replies.