Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we would have to pay more due to him being a free agent, but he’s 29 ok but nothing special and if we get him that’s going to be a decent length deal, we still seem to be going down the same road with our signings.

In this and further signings wonder if they are in accord with what Lampard wants. I hope that he does have a great say on new players and is not just having to accept signings.

Learn your lesson Everton.

Tarkowski is a great deal, but if you’re doing a £90k a week job, then do not haemorrhage ourselves like we did with Tosun, Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Sandro, Gomes.

3 years + 1 on our terms brings him up to 32/33. My big problem is signing players who’ll have no real resale value.

But I think Tarkowski is smart business if we get in Colwill alongside.

Tarkowski is a great deal, but if you’re doing a £90k a week job, then do not haemorrhage ourselves like we did with Tosun, Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Sandro, Gomes.

3 years + 1 on our terms brings him up to 32/33. My big problem is signing players who’ll have no real resale value.

Not even 3+1, just straght up 3 year deal max.

Not even 3+1, just straght up 3 year deal max.

If the one works, then you always have the chance of extending if it suits us.

If after two years we’ve got solid defensive options (Branthwaite, Holgate, Colwill or whatever) then you can always fetch a bit of a return.

Put us in power for a change.

What do Burnley fans actually think of him?
The only Burnley fans I know think he is overrated. They think their best defender is Ben Mee and that he's the one who elevates all of his defensive partners.

Though given I don't rate Ben Mee, I'm not sure what to make of that. Tarkowski always looked fairly decent but unspectacular to me. ?‍♂️

In any other position at 29 I’d say no (well perhaps goalkeeper as well) but CBs do seem to get better in there 30s, so as long as it isn’t a silly amount we are paying him I’m happy.

The only Burnley fans I know think he is overrated. They think their best defender is Ben Mee and that he's the one who elevates all of his defensive partners.

Though given I don't rate Ben Mee, I'm not sure what to make of that. Tarkowski always looked fairly decent but unspectacular to me. ?‍♂️
We just need solid back there, if Mina could stay fit that would be perfect but I can’t seem to.

In this and further signings wonder if they are in accord with what Lampard wants. I hope that he does have a great say on new players and is not just having to accept signings.
He tried to get him signed when he was at Chelsea along with Declan Rice but the lady running the transfers blocked them.

So for sure Lampard wants him

Don’t like it. No better then what we have. Paying an inflated wages will cause issues negotiating down the line with other players

Status
Not open for further replies.