January 2015 transfer window ( No GIFs allowed )(Nor fish puns ffs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger problem is aside from Mirallas, we have a string of decent but not great wide players. Pienaar, McGeady, Atsu, Osman, Oviedo. Not to mention Lukaku, Barkley, Naismith and Eto all having played out wide already this season. None are really gonna nail that position down. Looks like we really missed the boat with Tadic.

can't argue with that. with osman getting a new contract though, i don't see martinez looking at this position. i would quite like to see lukaku there behind eto'o in some games. reckon it would work brilliantly.

It's utterly depressing to think this clown's going to be around another year or so popping up with the odd goal amongst a welter of games that pass him by.

It's utterly depressing to think this clown's going to be around another year or so popping up with the odd goal amongst a welter of games that pass him by.

it's up until 2016 now or something, isn't it?

i was too depressed to read the story when i saw the headline ha.

Barkley's absence from day one wrecked our season before it got started. We have no real substitute for him despite all the midfield players we have at the club. If Martinez goes into the transfer market he needs to be looking at that. The Cleverley rumours suggest he already is.

ACM and an experienced CB have to be the areas looked at very seriously in the near future. I'd have said RB a few weeks ago too, but Browning looks like he might be able to come through there.

browning is not a natural right back and if you are suggesting browning is better cover for RB than Naismith is for ACM , then my friend your seriously deluded

Cleverley? Seriously, having seen him for Villa this season he's looked very mediocre. We should be looking much higher than him going forward if we want to nail top four. Delph has greater potential, but not sure where he would fit whilst Barry, McCarthy and Besic are around. I've suggested Delph for the last few windows, but now I'm not sure where he'd break into the team.

One thing cleverly has got in his favour is that he can play on the left as well (I think he played there while under Martinez at Wigan), so he would provide cover there as well as in the middle

Cleverley? Seriously, having seen him for Villa this season he's looked very mediocre. We should be looking much higher than him going forward if we want to nail top four. Delph has greater potential, but not sure where he would fit whilst Barry, McCarthy and Besic are around. I've suggested Delph for the last few windows, but now I'm not sure where he'd break into the team.

Can't have enough of a good thing, especially on a free

Joel Ward. Cover for the left side as he can play defence and midfield. He's strong, skilful and has serious potential.

I'd love to see Berahino here, but since that's becoming increasingly unrealistic, I can't see it happening. Someone will start a bidding war for him and his buyers will end up paying silly money.

Joel Ward. Cover for the left side as he can play defence and midfield. He's strong, skilful and has serious potential.

I'd love to see Berahino here, but since that's becoming increasingly unrealistic, I can't see it happening. Someone will start a bidding war for him and his buyers will end up paying silly money.

Amazing isn't it how a forward starts banging in a few goals & suddenly he's flavour of the month.
Can think of plenty that showed a bit of form & moved to a "bigger" club where it all went pear shaped. Watch the RS try for him despite having ample pacy/resting forwards on their books

Mata and Milner are both underutilized by big clubs - either will make a huge difference in Everton's very indifferent midfield

For those asking where to play Fabian Delph. It might be worth to give him a shot at left midfield. Not as a typical winger but more as a sort of playmaker who cuts inside. I believe at there's still a lot of potential to be uncovered in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.