January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of them have even made an impact fam.

Ndidi is one of the best destructive midfielders in the league, and is only 20.
Leon Bailey was linked with Chelsea this week as he is doing really well with Leverkusen
Isak is still only 18 but has started playing for Dortmund and is a full Swedish international.

What the fook would you know
Do you even own a Playststion , no
These boxroom lads have it all sown up Goat ,
We the people who watch real players in real life ( well on TV anyway know nothing )

Nothing to do with FIFA or Football Manager.

I read a lot about football, if a name keeps cropping up I keep an eye out for them. I made a point of watching Bailey and Ndidi in the Europa league. When I read about Isak scoring at 16 in Sweden I kept an eye out for him. Nowadays every player under the sun has a Youtube video.

Face it, we are both on a football forum at 9.30pm, I don't think either of us are in a position to be calling eachother names.

https://talksport.com/football/vide...s-opposition-porto-lose-besiktas-170914254552

RAT

Porto striker Vincent Aboubakar is making headlines for all the wrong reasons – he went and celebrated his team’s defeat on Wednesday night.

That’s got to hurt…

The Portuguese side lost 3-1 to Besiktas, in their Champions League group stage opener, and the 25-year-old Cameroon forward went to celebrate with the Turkish team instead of his own.

Aboubakar spent last season on loan at Besiktas – hence the link – but his current teammates are sure to be more than a bit disappointed at his actions.

His return to training could be very awkward. Check out the video below.
Could make negotiations easier?!

Nothing to do with FIFA or Football Manager.

I read a lot about football, if a name keeps cropping up I keep an eye out for them. I made a point of watching Bailey and Ndidi in the Europa league. When I read about Isak scoring at 16 in Sweden I kept an eye out for him. Nowadays every player under the sun has a Youtube video.

Face it, we are both on a football forum at 9.30pm, I don't think either of us are in a position to be calling eachother names.
I’m in work getting paid while I’m on here
I rarely go on here if I’m not in work
Fact is we’ve bought enough potential and non proven players now we need experienced proven players to hit the ground running and mix in with the younger players

I’m in work getting paid while I’m on here
I rarely go on here if I’m not in work
Fact is we’ve bought enough potential and non proven players now we need experienced proven players to hit the ground running and mix in with the younger players
We've got Martina, Baines, Williams, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Rooney, Jagielka all playing regularly. It's not like we're only playing the u23s every game. I agree we shouldn't be looking at younger players exclusively, but neither should we discount them altogether.

We've got Martina, Baines, Williams, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Rooney, Jagielka all playing regularly. It's not like we're only playing the u23s every game. I agree we shouldn't be looking at younger players exclusively, but neither should we discount them altogether.
We have Kenny Holgate Gana Vlasic Lookman DCL Beni Keane Pickford , enough youth for now

Ndidi is one of the best destructive midfielders in the league, and is only 20.
Leon Bailey was linked with Chelsea this week as he is doing really well with Leverkusen
Isak is still only 18 but has started playing for Dortmund and is a full Swedish international.

Niididididi seems a good player, but he wasnt cheap for an area we are heavily stocked in, I mean Beni is only 19.
The Bailey lad, is he better than Vlasic or Lookman? Guess we find out in 3-4 years
Is Isak better than DCL?

Im not saying any of these players are bad, just that none of them have really "made it" yet, they might, they might not, but they would have cost around 50m, where as we bought Beni, Lookman and DCL for less than 12m. The players you mentioned might turn out better, but its a little early for I told you so.

Just saying.

Benteke is utter pony so glad we didn't go for him he's an immobile lump. Dembele still for me slap 30m on Celtic's desk for him.
What has gone wrong for Beneteke? At villa he was very good and for a time was rated as good if not better tha Lukaku. Even though Lukaku has always been over rated, even at Utd he can't perform in the big games. But he's yesterday's news now for us, a lot don't agree but I'd like us to offer a big wedge of cash for Vardy, don't care about his age his pace makes things happen.

What has gone wrong for Beneteke? At villa he was very good and for a time was rated as good if not better tha Lukaku. Even though Lukaku has always been over rated, even at Utd he can't perform in the big games. But he's yesterday's news now for us, a lot don't agree but I'd like us to offer a big wedge of cash for Vardy, don't care about his age his pace makes things happen.

Yeah but his pace will be the first thing to go.

I still maintain we need a lump up top to play off, we have loads of little pacey forwards to play off the big man.

Wasn't we close to signing Dembele before he went to Celtic?

Sounded him out and even asked the opinion of the scout or coach that was responsible for him signing for Celtic. Asked if he's worth 30m or something. Response was "yes , without a whisper of a doubt" we took that advice and did nothing and went for giroud and Costa

Would love us to have signed vardy in the summer. People on here don't rate him
Because he's a chav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back