January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there'll be too much transfer activity on Sam's part as he's still in the middle of assessing his squad. Especially when players are returning from injury.

Pace and strength he has granted. I don't know how much you have seen of him but I've seen a lot and I can assure you his inability to hold to ball up is his biggest weakness. By far. Now this is something that can be rectified to an extent granted but presently it is awful.

Your assessment of Leigh Griffiths is the view that Rodgers and Strachan had initially. He has performed far better as a lone centre forward and only ever has played there for the past 3 seasons or so. And has consistently scored more and offered more of threat than dembele.

That highlights how dembele is no where near ready for this level when Griffiths is out performing you.
I personally rate Griffiths but when both strikers are fit & that's where the my biggest issue with signing Dembele lies... far too injury prone & expensive for me considering its mostly still potential you'd be buying . Rodgers does seem to rate Dembele as his 1st choice striker when both are fit.

Just looked at Sam's one and only England squad - looking for any clues of players he may have any rapport with. Walcott, Shaw and Sturridge are probably all available from the squad he named. I'd take all 3 if they could all stay fit.

doesn't surprise me in the least this, he's right up your street Terrance

Name isn't Terrence ... it's terry and why is he right up my street? Because he has pace and scores ? Because he suits a team that sit deep and play long balls? Because he's a PL winner? Because we actually have no real striker at the club?

Ajax already brought in a potential De Ligt replacement in the form of Perr Schuurs. 18 year old who came through the ranks at my local team Fortuna Sittard. Captained them this season and had trial with the loveable neighbours from across Stanley Park. A lot of clubs around Europe were interested in his signature. Imo he will go further in his career than De Ligt. Someone for you to follow @Zatara

Went to watch VVV vs Ajax earlier this year and Schuurs was the focus of all the talk amongst the ex-pro's in the bar at Venlo after the game

Would love us to have signed vardy in the summer. People on here don't rate him
Because he's a chav
I'm not bothered if he's a Chav, he can start good attacking play with his pace, I'm acually a bit fed up with the target man approach and it doesn't really work that well for us, it's getting alittle old school nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back