January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buy Dembele, loan any 1 of Giroud/Walcott/Welbeck
Buy Nzonzi
buy a half decent cb with pace - hell even take smalling on loan
try coleman at left back when he's back unless we can actually get a young one in who can replace baines for years to come.

Win the fa cup

Garbutt? ( left back, not striker ).

Have always rated Welbeck, but he's not really a target man and doesn't really grab a ton of goals. Actually as I write this I question why I rate him!

I'm not bothered if he's a Chav, he can start good attacking play with his pace, I'm acually a bit fed up with the target man approach and it doesn't really work that well for us, it's getting alittle old school nowadays.

Nor me, couldn't care less if he wears Lonsdale clothes and sovereign rings. He is a decent player and a very good finisher that has pace and plays for a team that plays similar tactics to us.

Mate I reckon they have around 8 career goals and about 7 assists combined ... they have pace.... THATS IT

Havent seen enough of either of them to know them inside out...but their main attribute seems to be pace yeah.

I think these days you really need pace in defence, not necessarily electric but decent enough to be able to play a high line -- that's why Kenny and Holgate, whilst not whippet like, are improving us. We need 2 more players with pace at the back then the high line means our defence is closer to the forwards who are now in closer proximity to the midfielders.

Regarding wingers, if we sit deep then we need pace...if we are able to play a high defensive line I wouldn't bother with wingers, id play lookman as an inside forward and find another one for the right side...

We'd then have Lookman/Henry on the left and New player+ Dowell on the right next season alternating...id sell the rest.

Garbutt? ( left back, not striker ).

Have always rated Welbeck, but he's not really a target man and doesn't really grab a ton of goals. Actually as I write this I question why I rate him!

High work-rate, has pace and doesn't seem to vanish because he's facing a big team, injury prone lately and not exactly prolific scorer but does have a lot of plus points too, as a loan till the end of the season - either of those 3 (Welbeck, Walcott or Giroud) would do us i think, combine it with bringing in a younger player with huge upside like Dembele and you buy him 6 months where if he doesn't settle straight away then the pressure is shared.

Think Garbutt won't ever play for the senior side again mate tbh, lad never developed past the looks promising stage and seems to have regressed a lot - think unless we can get a very good young player in for the long term - for the rest of the season playing Seamus left and Kenny right wouldn't exactly be the end of days for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back