January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Sessegnon we'll be signing under Big Sam.

Stephane%20Sessegnon%20topic.jpg

Laugh now, i remember a summer when the whole forum was logging with baited breath hoping to sign him, the fume when we didnt. lol

Its Steve Walsh time.

He played an absolute blinder last January.

Personally think we need to circle the square. A left back: PVA, Creswell, Chilwell and Tierney. I notice Shaw has started for United recently.

Then a forward: I like Bats at chelsea myself and Alarcar at Barca.

With returning players that will balance the squad until the summer. January is a usless time to be making a big investment.

I wouldnt be opposed to Nzonzi as i think we have problems in transition in the centtre of midfield and i think many of our defensive and attacking problems have been down to Gueye and Morgs in the double pivot.

Its Steve Walsh time.

Personally think we need to circle the square. A left back: PVA, Creswell, Chilwell and Tierney. I notice Shaw has started for United recently.

With returning players that will balance the squad until the summer. January is a usless time to be making a big investment.

I wouldnt be opposed to Nzonzi as i think we have problems in transition in the centtre of midfield and i think many of our defensive and attacking problems have been down to Gueye and Morgs in the double pivot.

PVA is terrible and cant defend, absolutely terrible, why replace crap with crap?

cresswell, as above and he's a kopite, so he can eat sh1t as well

chilwell, he's starting week in week out for a team performing better than us, cant see it

Tierney, just signed a new long term deal, wont go

Shaw, think we could get him if he doesn't start getting a game now, maybe that's mourinho playing mind games giving shaw hope he's part of his plans just before the window, then fcking him off again in feb

PVA is terrible and cant defend, absolutely terrible, why replace crap with crap?

cresswell, as above and he's a kopite, so he can eat sh1t as well

chilwell, he's starting week in week out for a team performing better than us, cant see it

Tierney, just signed a new long term deal, wont go

Shaw, think we could get him if he doesn't start getting a game now, maybe that's mourinho playing mind games giving shaw hope he's part of his plans just before the window, then fcking him off again in feb

Does being a kopite really matter in regards to Cresswell? I don't care who he supports if they're good enough. We've Sammy Lee as an assistant and Carragher was/is and Everton fan and he didn't mess around for that lot did he.

Linked with a fella called Adama Soumaoro in the Daily Mail. French/Mali centre back, 25 years old rated at £20 million with Dortmund also allegedly interested. Apparently Lille need to raise funds to pay off their debts or they could face compulsory relegation. Same article also links us with Phillip Max of Augsburg, a left back.

Can't say I've seen either play but they are two positions we need sorting.

Its Steve Walsh time.

PVA is awful and never an option. Tierney and Shaw would be best options but then Shaw has fitness issues and I don’t think anyone has seen enough of him over the last year or so to know whether he is good enough. Tierney won’t come now.

Strikers I agree with but can’t see either coming to us. Would like bats though, big fan of him.

Don’t think we need Nzonzi, yes there’s issues but we are inundated with players in the centre and I think the transitions will come naturally.

I’d still like to see Galloway back at some point. Yes, I know he didn’t do much at WBA & Sunderland, but we saw enough to know there’s a player in there. Did a great job at LB & as he gets older/stronger, could cover LCB. Like to see what our new coaching team could do with him.

Hate to say but I think we have seen the last of Galloway. 3 managers haven’t seen enough in him now. Koeman shipped him out, West Brom didnt play him so didn’t think he was PL standard. And now a terrible Sunderland side won’t play him. Says a lot.

Linked with a fella called Adama Soumaoro in the Daily Mail. French/Mali centre back, 25 years old rated at £20 million with Dortmund also allegedly interested. Apparently Lille need to raise funds to pay off their debts or they could face compulsory relegation. Same article also links us with Phillip Max of Augsburg, a left back.

Can't say I've seen either play but they are two positions we need sorting.

Unleash the FIFAEighteenies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back