January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
High work-rate, has pace and doesn't seem to vanish because he's facing a big team, injury prone lately and not exactly prolific scorer but does have a lot of plus points too, as a loan till the end of the season - either of those 3 (Welbeck, Walcott or Giroud) would do us i think, combine it with bringing in a younger player with huge upside like Dembele and you buy him 6 months where if he doesn't settle straight away then the pressure is shared.

Think Garbutt won't ever play for the senior side again mate tbh, lad never developed past the looks promising stage and seems to have regressed a lot - think unless we can get a very good young player in for the long term - for the rest of the season playing Seamus left and Kenny right wouldn't exactly be the end of days for us.

Kin praying Seamus comes back well. Rate that guy.

Soumaoro did his ACL. He looks lively in his highlights, but I haven't seen him play a whole match. Was more hoping for some 6'4" beast though. But the idea of sticking with a Holgate and Williams is nuts. We need a first team CB that can organize like Williams, but can actually play to partner with Keane. Love the job Holgate is doing, but he's still error prone and Williams isn't any good anymore. Our team is covering for these guys and it's killing our ability to generate offense.

I like Max a lot. I didn't realize he was that tall. He's pretty smooth though going forward. Good player.

...lots of links with Soumaoro over the past week. I think he’s just come back into the team following an Achilles injury. From what Allardyce said today, the club considers stats on players to ensure they tick all the boxes. I think this fella comes out strongly from an analytical perspective.

...lots of links with Soumaoro over the past week. I think he’s just come back into the team following an Achilles injury. From what Allardyce said today, the club considers stats on players to ensure they tick all the boxes. I think this fella comes out strongly from an analytical perspective.

I was only watching highlights from the PSG match, but he sure as heck didn't look like there's anything wrong with his knee. He was very lively, but couldn't tell much else. He seems strong, but he's not 6'2", that's for certain.

Dedoncker would be a good shout. Big lad, good cover for a lot of positions.
Of course, we'll see an article linking him in the next day or so, now.

My issue with Leo is that he's slow. Not sure we need another slow player, especially as a DM. We already have Morgan, Besic, and McCarthy. Not sure how athletic he is, so don't see him being a true CB, either.

If we are going to play Siggy and Rooney, I want some pace at DM if we are getting one.

I’m in work getting paid while I’m on here
I rarely go on here if I’m not in work
Fact is we’ve bought enough potential and non proven players now we need experienced proven players to hit the ground running and mix in with the younger players
Every transfer thread is , I’d have thought you would have learned by now
Wait till Boxing Day and all the new FIFA 18 and FM games have been opened.
People seem to forget we are Everton
A barely mid table team with a crap ground a poor billionaire owner and FSA as manager , we are not going to attract the best of the best
Congrats mate, even by the very high standards set on here, you have taken pessimism to new heights.

Carry on the good work sir, it`s to your credit ;)

We need a player in the middle that can do everything effectively (including counters and moving the ball). We have Gueye as a shield for the back line and a hound for the ball, but we need someone a tier above Schneiderlin to pair with him. Davies isn't quite there yet, so it wouldn't hurt to bring in a more experienced player in that mold to rotate with him.

Sam has just said we have 32 players and it too much.

So we need to shift players out before we bring additional in.

SELL for me
Mirallas
Besic
Jagelka
Barkley (if he doesn't sign)
Niasse
Robles

LOAN
Baningime
Henen

Then look if Garbett will come into the fold plus we may bring back or have the loan players released like Onyekuru, Galloway, Browning or Dowell, if there is a change of manager

Hate to say but I think we have seen the last of Galloway. 3 managers haven’t seen enough in him now. Koeman shipped him out, West Brom didnt play him so didn’t think he was PL standard. And now a terrible Sunderland side won’t play him. Says a lot.
Does it though? Koeman and Pulis both fired. Why is it that every manager that has had him is automatically a good judge of talent? He's played and played well for us in the premier league, shouldn't that say more than anything else?

problem with an Achilles though, rarely seen anyone coming back well from that injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back