January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Achilles is correct, not his knee. Think I simply continued the Milik idea to Soumaoro. I only saw a couple minutes of highlights, but he didn't look like he was hurt at all. He was definitely nimble. Still couldn't tell how good he was in the air and he's not tall. That concerns me, but being quick and able to play in space would be helpful. Still thought Vermalean looked decent the other night for Barca, but with Koeman gone, not sure whether or not he'd be interested. Worth a flier to me, still.

Not keen on him....

Would rather we went for a ball player with pace OR an absolute monster...

he is neither.

Which dross has he signed?

Im just curious if you have even looked back at his past transfers.
The Telegraph did it for me.......
Nikola Kalinic, Hajduk Split to Blackburn for £6m, 2009
Still only 22, the Croatian striker is not disgracing himself in a Rovers shirt, and certainly showing signs of improvement after struggling to adapt in his first season. But just four goals so far for Rovers does not justify an extortionate transfer fee for a club of Blackburn's means, by far the most Allardyce spent on a player while at Ewood Park.

Dietmar Hamman, Liverpool to Bolton for free, 2006
Allardyce is responsible for one of the shortest transfers in history thanks to the mere hours for which Hamman was technically a Bolton player. The German midfielder joined Bolton from Liverpool but after signing a contract had a change of heart and elected to take an offer from Manchester City instead. He was entitled to walk away because Bolton did not have a chance to register their new signing with the Premier League, but they did receive £400,000 of compensation from City.

Jared Borgetti, Pachucha to Bolton for £1m, 2005
The ageing Mexican centre forward made his one dalliance in European football with Allardyce's Bolton, but only scored two goals in 19 league appearances with the club. Unpopular with the fans at the Reebok Stadium, quietly released after the first season of a two year deal and shipped off to Saudia Arabia's Ittihad.

Peter Beadle, Port Vale to Notts County for £250,000, 1999
Allardyce's most expensive signing while at Notts County, striker Peter Beadle arrived from Port Vale with an indifferent scoring record and repeated the trick at Meadow Lane, managing just three goals in 20 league appearances for the club. Was sold to Bristol City at a £50,000 markdown after barely eight months in Nottingham.

Craig Allardyce, Northwich Victoria to Blackpool for free, 1994
Giving your son a job is rarely a good idea in football, and Allardyce Jnr was no exception when bought by his father during his first year in management at Blackpool. Craig, a defender like his dad, spent three years at Bloomfield Road without making a single first team appearance

Linked with a fella called Adama Soumaoro in the Daily Mail. French/Mali centre back, 25 years old rated at £20 million with Dortmund also allegedly interested. Apparently Lille need to raise funds to pay off their debts or they could face compulsory relegation. Same article also links us with Phillip Max of Augsburg, a left back.

Can't say I've seen either play but they are two positions we need sorting.

Dortmund need to sign Philipp Max, so then we can have him and Max Philipp on the same team :p

Still only 22, the Croatian striker is not disgracing himself in a Rovers shirt, and certainly showing signs of improvement after struggling to adapt in his first season. But just four goals so far for Rovers does not justify an extortionate transfer fee for a club of Blackburn's means, by far the most Allardyce spent on a player while at Ewood Park.

Dietmar Hamman, Liverpool to Bolton for free, 2006
Allardyce is responsible for one of the shortest transfers in history thanks to the mere hours for which Hamman was technically a Bolton player. The German midfielder joined Bolton from Liverpool but after signing a contract had a change of heart and elected to take an offer from Manchester City instead. He was entitled to walk away because Bolton did not have a chance to register their new signing with the Premier League, but they did receive £400,000 of compensation from City.

Jared Borgetti, Pachucha to Bolton for £1m, 2005
The ageing Mexican centre forward made his one dalliance in European football with Allardyce's Bolton, but only scored two goals in 19 league appearances with the club. Unpopular with the fans at the Reebok Stadium, quietly released after the first season of a two year deal and shipped off to Saudia Arabia's Ittihad.

Peter Beadle, Port Vale to Notts County for £250,000, 1999
Allardyce's most expensive signing while at Notts County, striker Peter Beadle arrived from Port Vale with an indifferent scoring record and repeated the trick at Meadow Lane, managing just three goals in 20 league appearances for the club. Was sold to Bristol City at a £50,000 markdown after barely eight months in Nottingham.

Craig Allardyce, Northwich Victoria to Blackpool for free, 1994
Giving your son a job is rarely a good idea in football, and Allardyce Jnr was no exception when bought by his father during his first year in management at Blackpool. Craig, a defender like his dad, spent three years at Bloomfield Road without making a single first team appearance

So 5 players in a 26 year career?

Not a bad ratio tbh.

We're linked to Erling Braut Håland in my local newspapers. Guess who his father is!

2320022_Erling_H-land_250103758.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erling_Braut_Håland
My son spoke with and trained with him yesterday. He told him to switch from Rooney to Håland on his next kit.................

We won't sell Klassen in January mate, not a chance, because it'd represent a huge loss instantly, he will more than likely end up loaned out January and next season.
Think that's a fair shout.

He hasn't settled well, don't think any player had an arm put round them by RK.

Get him some experience and then decided. Same for Sandro.

Big Sam now saying we have a squad of 32 players, I count 30, not sure which other 2 hes including.

But he made a point of saying we only need 25.

I can see many, many Outs, the sell to buy bedwetters are gonna be frothing.

We tried to shift many in the summer but no one came in for them. Don't think the winter transfer window will be much different unless some relegation candidates take a chance.

Is this the Nikola Kalinic who has been banging them in in Serie A and at International level who would probably walk into our team right now? That one?

He obviously spotted the lads ability.

Big Sam now saying we have a squad of 32 players, I count 30, not sure which other 2 hes including.

But he made a point of saying we only need 25.

I can see many, many Outs, the sell to buy bedwetters are gonna be frothing.
That 25 can be supplemented by young lads who have been at the club a while
JJK Davies , Barkley ,Beni Etc would be in addition to the 25
Maybe someone with more knowledge on this can say which current first team squad players would not have to be registered

We tried to shift many in the summer but no one came in for them. Don't think the winter transfer window will be much different unless some relegation candidates take a chance.

Not even gonna pretend to know the man and how he works, but Sam doesnt strike me as a ditherer or somebody to let a few pennies get in his way, I think, after the 1x1 sessions, he will know who he wants and who he doesnt want. Yes there were a few who we thought would be shipped out and remained, but a lot of the players cant even make a squad.

Really think we are gonna see some major snipping in the Winter window.

Not even gonna pretend to know the man and how he works, but Sam doesnt strike me as a ditherer or somebody to let a few pennies get in his way, I think, after the 1x1 sessions, he will know who he wants and who he doesnt want. Yes there were a few who we thought would be shipped out and remained, but a lot of the players cant even make a squad.

Really think we are gonna see some major snipping in the Winter window.

I also think people will want some of our caste offs. January, particularly for sides down at the bottom is about finding players who are reliable who can make a quick impact. Getting lads in who know the language, league and country gives you the best chance for that. Most of the promoted sides look like they could do with a little boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back