January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can blame himself too. He could have get move if would have wanted imho
I understand the draw to the clubs like Chelsea for young players: prestige, chances of winning titles and obviously the money they offer.

He probably thought he'd make a name for himself and believed he'd get game time and goals, potentially based on promises given to him.

On the other hand however, unless you're getting into the XI then it's quite easy (as you mention) to slowly deteriorate without game time.

If he wants to really prosper then he should move on, however the money and his egos may hamper that. If so, then that's up to him!

i'm not sure that we will sign a CB in the January window.

Allardyce clearly likes Holgate.
Keane was a fairly chunky lump of change and I think Allardyce can 'fix' him or give it till summer to see if he gets in the team.
Williams by some miracle isn't doing badly, he's not great but will last the season.
Jagielka is being brought on at the end of games and a good fourth choice
Feeney I don't think is entering Allardyce's mind for this season but an emergency 5th centre back.

Personally, I don't see us signing one and think Allardyce will let the centre back position rest till the summer. The only way we would sign soeone I think is if Jagielka ends up going to West Ham or Sheffield United for game time.

This window I think a striker and a left back will be the only two incomings.

i'm not sure that we will sign a CB in the January window.

Allardyce clearly likes Holgate.
Keane was a fairly chunky lump of change and I think Allardyce can 'fix' him or give it till summer to see if he gets in the team.
Williams by some miracle isn't doing badly, he's not great but will last the season.
Jagielka is being brought on at the end of games and a good fourth choice
Feeney I don't think is entering Allardyce's mind for this season but an emergency 5th centre back.

Personally, I don't see us signing one and think Allardyce will let the centre back position rest till the summer. The only way we would sign soeone I think is if Jagielka ends up going to West Ham or Sheffield United for game time.

This window I think a striker and a left back will be the only two incomings.
Think you are right. Hope that means both will be quality rather than a Van Aanholt punt. Would like to see us bring in competition, not cover for Leighton.

I know he is a midfielder but would anyone take a chance on Jack Wilshire? More creativity than most and his contract with arsenal has not yet been sorted out. Injury history is against him as well but he seems to have recovered better and has played more regularly.

I know he is a midfielder but would anyone take a chance on Jack Wilshire? More creativity than most and his contract with arsenal has not yet been sorted out. Injury history is against him as well but he seems to have recovered better and has played more regularly.
sod it, if were getting shot of Snake Barkley then we should be having a look at Mkhitaryan. Him in the centre with Siggy and Vlasic/Bolasie,behind a good striker would be fantastic.

Might have to ship out another failing No10 though

sod it, if were getting shot of Snake Barkley then we should be having a look at Mkhitaryan. Him in the centre with Siggy and Vlasic/Bolasie,behind a good striker would be fantastic.

Might have to ship out another failing No10 though
Point taken and I would like another decent striker as well....you mention Barkley ..just wonder whether any prem club would be willing to pay for a player coming back from what looks like a serious injury in Jan...

makes me so angry how wenger wastes giroud, the lad should be here knocking them in! Silly boy, never going to the world cup now. Constantly does well off the bench so wenger always gives him the odd start here and there and immediately drops him the next game ... done it again today.

Point taken and I would like another decent striker as well....you mention Barkley ..just wonder whether any prem club would be willing to pay for a player coming back from what looks like a serious injury in Jan...

Other teams might see it as their only chance to buy him, and taking him at a knockdown fee instead of seeing him sign for Spurs on a free in the Summer. He's going into the last 6months of his contract so he could very well just say he's agreed to for Spurs for next season as it is.

What do we do after that? We've been desperately trying to offload him onto anyone but Spurs since he started turning down contract offers.
It's upto Ross if he want to play. We are desperate for him to go to Chelsea as they want to increase their home grown players and any money would be better than paying him not to play for 6 months and leaving on a free. As with all things these days its down to the player if he doesn't want to try for a World Cup place by sitting in our stand until his contract times out (getting a hefty signing on bonus for his pleasure), or would he settle for Chelsea (or other) and recommence his footballing career in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back