January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally my preference would be Ryan Sessegnon and then Ben Chilwell as 2nd choice.

I actually thought we signed baines at 21 but in fact he joined just before he turned 23. With that in mind, Chilwell has 2 years on Baines at the same stage--if he was to join in January and the potential is there to be a very good player for us.

I like that he's English and adds to our young English u21 contingent...Id favour that above a foreign player as its beneficial to have several players coming through the England set up together.

The one concern would be the cost...however (and I doubt anyone will agree with me!) id be fine with paying 40mil for either Sessegnon or Chilwell. Why? Its because it covers our left back position with a English u21 player for the next decade.

Our back five could include Pickford, Chilwell, Keane, Holgate, Kenny...all English u21 or full internationals.

Brexit means brexit hey Zat.

£40mill for Chilwell? Mate you've completely lost the plot.
Imagine going into negotiations fir anyone else after that and gylfi... Clubs wouldn't even speak to us for less than £40 mill

I'm not saying id offer it lol

But if hypothetically we signed him for 40mil in Jan then id consider it very expensive but a great signing.

Just think of that all English backline :o

has mitrovic been mentioned? getting dropped from newcastle by the fat spanish waiter and no doubt up for a move in january.

Bit harsh, he hasnt been great at times, but lets judge him while playing for a team that isnt as bad as we was.
Happy to be proven wrong, but he looks a complete buffoon to me.

I'd like to see Everton open up and become a bit more expansive once the nightmare start is well and truly in the rear view mirror, and I don't see how someone as awkward and limited as Keane could fit into that.

Happy to be proven wrong, but he looks a complete buffoon to me.

I'd like to see Everton open up and become a bit more expansive once the nightmare start is well and truly in the rear view mirror, and I don't see how someone as awkward and limited as Keane could fit into that.

Again I think thats harsh, hes very good on the ball, normally, time will tell of course, but I suspect he will come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back