January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally my preference would be Ryan Sessegnon and then Ben Chilwell as 2nd choice.

I actually thought we signed baines at 21 but in fact he joined just before he turned 23. With that in mind, Chilwell has 2 years on Baines at the same stage--if he was to join in January and the potential is there to be a very good player for us.

I like that he's English and adds to our young English u21 contingent...Id favour that above a foreign player as its beneficial to have several players coming through the England set up together.

The one concern would be the cost...however (and I doubt anyone will agree with me!) id be fine with paying 40mil for either Sessegnon or Chilwell. Why? Its because it covers our left back position with a English u21 player for the next decade.

Our back five could include Pickford, Chilwell, Keane, Holgate, Kenny...all English u21 or full internationals.

40m for Chilwell Zat??? ffs mate the kid can barely defend.

I'd take a punt for 15m max and they wouldn't sell him for that so it's a no.

I HATE agreeing with Zat but for Leicester to consider selling Chillwell I'd reckon it would honestly be around that price for him.

They have no reason to sell him. His age. He's English. All add up.

As much as I like him it would be insane to offer that for him.

So no.

Pretty sure they rate him a lot.True

Can't see us lashing that much about in January to be honest. On any position.

Neither can I ..But if we were , it should be on forwards rather than defenders .,,,,,,,,,Although I think Vlasic could save us a fortune given a chance . Just something about him .

Seen us linked with De Vrij.

Apart from sounding like a milkshake he's Dutch which immediately makes me not keen.

Anyone watch Italian football and can tell me he's crap?

Sell the useless bits, give Celtic 50m for Tierney and Dembele and call it a window.

We won't, and I'll take abuse for suggesting it, but it is likely just as good as whatever we will do.... (Dembele/Tierney or Van Aanholt/Carroll...for example)

BFS seems to be holding his card tight. Hopefully he and Stevie W don't wait till Jan 30th to discuss....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back