January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
makes me so angry how wenger wastes giroud, the lad should be here knocking them in! Silly boy, never going to the world cup now. Constantly does well off the bench so wenger always gives him the odd start here and there and immediately drops him the next game ... done it again today.

Ah well - He had his chance

Gallic Meff

Everton:
Linked with simeone, gets fat sam
Linked with diego costa, gets 3 number 10s
Linked with aubameyang, gets troy deeney

January not a good time to buy. As for the new LB, will Big Sam go back for van Aanholt? Or would you have an injury prone Luke Shaw? Both should be available. Not sure the pe teacher will go for any foreign players after Sandro and Klaassen are struggling to adopt...

Would we not be better off just going for Chilwell? it's not as if he's getting a game for Leicester or anything.

At least he's got some experience of British Football

Martin's release clause is €30 mil but AS reporting they need the money and could be open to something closer to €20 apparently

I like him. Hermoso too.

He has played quite a lot lately

I do like him but so does Leicester at the moment

Personally my preference would be Ryan Sessegnon and then Ben Chilwell as 2nd choice.

I actually thought we signed baines at 21 but in fact he joined just before he turned 23. With that in mind, Chilwell has 2 years on Baines at the same stage--if he was to join in January and the potential is there to be a very good player for us.

I like that he's English and adds to our young English u21 contingent...Id favour that above a foreign player as its beneficial to have several players coming through the England set up together.

The one concern would be the cost...however (and I doubt anyone will agree with me!) id be fine with paying 40mil for either Sessegnon or Chilwell. Why? Its because it covers our left back position with a English u21 player for the next decade.

Our back five could include Pickford, Chilwell, Keane, Holgate, Kenny...all English u21 or full internationals.

Personally my preference would be Ryan Sessegnon and then Ben Chilwell as 2nd choice.

I actually thought we signed baines at 21 but in fact he joined just before he turned 23. With that in mind, Chilwell has 2 years on Baines at the same stage--if he was to join in January and the potential is there to be a very good player for us.

I like that he's English and adds to our young English u21 contingent...Id favour that above a foreign player as its beneficial to have several players coming through the England set up together.

The one concern would be the cost...however (and I doubt anyone will agree with me!) id be fine with paying 40mil for either Sessegnon or Chilwell. Why? Its because it covers our left back position with a English u21 player for the next decade.

Our back five could include Pickford, Chilwell, Keane, Holgate, Kenny...all English u21 or full internationals.
£40mill for Chilwell? Mate you've completely lost the plot.
Imagine going into negotiations fir anyone else after that and gylfi... Clubs wouldn't even speak to us for less than £40 mill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back