January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PVA is terrible and cant defend, absolutely terrible, why replace crap with crap?

cresswell, as above and he's a kopite, so he can eat sh1t as well

chilwell, he's starting week in week out for a team performing better than us, cant see it

Tierney, just signed a new long term deal, wont go

Shaw, think we could get him if he doesn't start getting a game now, maybe that's mourinho playing mind games giving shaw hope he's part of his plans just before the window, then fcking him off again in feb{/QUOTE]

From what I have read has a bit of an attitude problem, was he not asking for a pay off of 5 mill to go?[/QUOTE]

Linked with a fella called Adama Soumaoro in the Daily Mail. French/Mali centre back, 25 years old rated at £20 million with Dortmund also allegedly interested. Apparently Lille need to raise funds to pay off their debts or they could face compulsory relegation. Same article also links us with Phillip Max of Augsburg, a left back.

Can't say I've seen either play but they are two positions we need sorting.

I think Max would be a miles better option than some of the horrible LB shouts on here and won't be that expensive being at Augsburg. I'm sure the CB from Lille has only just come back from a big injury? Not sure.

I think Max would be a miles better option than some of the horrible LB shouts on here and won't be that expensive being at Augsburg. I'm sure the CB from Lille has only just come back from a big injury? Not sure.

He has very impressive assist stats from what I've heard this season, and its high time we bought some bloody Germans in as you can count on them to be boss the same way you can count on English weather to be crap, they don't flop very much at all. As for this centre back dude transfermarkt has him down as playing only 4 league games this season so you're probably right that he's just back from injury. He's near enough 6.2ft so he's a unit but I haven't seen him play so have no idea if he's any good.

I may be in the minority but still believe that Schneiderlin will be back in form in a month or so, watching him when he first arrived he looked like a really high-quality operator, and the eternal optimist within me says that with a run of games he'll return to that level (here's hoping anyway).

Mirallas needs binning asap, could see Besic on his way out as well (which is a shame as I always thought/hoped he'd turn it around). Unfortunately, I reckon Barkley will go, so would rather move him on now for 15m rather than lose him for nothing in the sumer. Could see Klaassen going out on loan with a view to a perm, and perhaps Sandro sadly doing the same as well.

If we are going to bring players in, it's primordial that they're top quality ones (preferably aged 23-27) in the prime of their careers, to create a balanced squad. Our squad turnover has been massive over the last few years, in comparison to Moyes' relatively stable years of 2/3 in and 2/3 out, meaning our next few acquisitions are truly vital ones that we need to get right, in order to create a strong foundation on which we can build over the coming years.

Ronald.....is that you lad?
We talked about this, you are not the manager any more, Sam is here now. :)

This thread is an FIFA18 travesty.
Every transfer thread is , I’d have thought you would have learned by now
Wait till Boxing Day and all the new FIFA 18 and FM games have been opened.
People seem to forget we are Everton
A barely mid table team with a crap ground a poor billionaire owner and FSA as manager , we are not going to attract the best of the best

I’d still like to see Galloway back at some point. Yes, I know he didn’t do much at WBA & Sunderland, but we saw enough to know there’s a player in there. Did a great job at LB & as he gets older/stronger, could cover LCB. Like to see what our new coaching team could do with him.
Spot on mate, he was sound when he played for us! If they can turn the train crash that was Ashley Williams around, they should be able to turn this kid around!

Soumaoro did his ACL. He looks lively in his highlights, but I haven't seen him play a whole match. Was more hoping for some 6'4" beast though. But the idea of sticking with a Holgate and Williams is nuts. We need a first team CB that can organize like Williams, but can actually play to partner with Keane. Love the job Holgate is doing, but he's still error prone and Williams isn't any good anymore. Our team is covering for these guys and it's killing our ability to generate offense.

I like Max a lot. I didn't realize he was that tall. He's pretty smooth though going forward. Good player.

With a six year old son called Max already well indoctrinated into all things Everton, were we to sign Philip Max, that's the next few season's kit's sorted. Do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back