January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take him tbf good shout. Might cost a fair bit though

He is Spurs is number 1 target from what I’ve heard. He will replace Rose who is going to Utd.

I think for a young English left back who has world class potential + fills a position which is crucial for us the next 10 years then its worth paying big money.

Spurs may want him but they have full backs...he would get more games with us.

De Light would be a terrible signing.

The Dutch league has been shown up for what it is.

I mean you do nothing but rip into Klaassen, who was 1 of the best players in the league, the last thing we need is an 18 year old CB.

Sessegnon will cost upwards of 50m and he certainly wont be joining us.

Dolberg has scored 3 goals so far this season, showing that hes not even close to being ready for a step up.

We have enough young kids, we need some quality in the 25 years + bracket.

You wanted Klaassen...I didn't. He's unsuited to the league.

I want De Ligt, you don't. Why? Because hes dutch lol He'll end up at Barca probably, he's class.

Have you seen the Dolberg games? He's been playing fine...more rotation.

Ajax already brought in a potential De Ligt replacement in the form of Perr Schuurs. 18 year old who came through the ranks at my local team Fortuna Sittard. Captained them this season and had trial with the loveable neighbours from across Stanley Park. A lot of clubs around Europe were interested in his signature. Imo he will go further in his career than De Ligt. Someone for you to follow @Zatara

I think De Ligt will end up at Barca or a massive club mate so if Schurrs follows his path then he will have been a success.

If we did sign all of them Zat, would we need to sell them all when they get to 24?

It`d be like Logans Run mate, they`d all die once they hit 24.

Point is to buy them in now....phase them into a team with several top class 'experienced' players to help bring them along...then continue to sign one star and one star young lad each season....its an efficient model.

We will be signing 24 to 31-year-olds.

You won't be happy, Zat.

Oh and Sessegnon is a left-back, Gomez is a Cb and plays RB.

Youre right, confused him with Robertson who they signed...probably forgot because they've not had Gomes at centre back.

Still it least it shows I'm not a RS....

Why do you think we will be signing 24-31 year olds? We may do so to go for experience and help bring the kids through...

Wasn't we close to signing Dembele before he went to Celtic?

Not close to signing. I know for a fact we were scouting him at specific games and were interested though...I even posted it on here a few times back then.

I think for a young English left back who has world class potential + fills a position which is crucial for us the next 10 years then its worth paying big money.

I want De Ligt, you don't. Why? Because hes dutch lol He'll end up at Barca probably, he's class.

I think De Ligt will end up at Barca or a massive club mate so if Schurrs follows his path then he will have been a success.

Point is to buy them in now....phase them into a team with several top class 'experienced' players to help bring them along...then continue to sign one star and one star young lad each season....its an efficient model.

Youre right, confused him with Robertson who they signed...probably forgot because they've not had Gomes at centre back.

Why do you think we will be signing 24-31 year olds? We may do so to go for experience and help bring the kids through...

Not close to signing. I know for a fact we were scouting him at specific games and were interested though...I even posted it on here a few times back then.

Allardyce said we will be signing players who know the league, look at the names we've been linked with so far and other information that isn't for forum consumption.

im hoping for this at the end of january

------------------------Pickford----------------------

Coleman---------Manolas-------Sokratis------Alex Sandro

------------------------Gueye------------------------

Bolasie---------------Rooney------------------Sigurdsson

-----------------Walcott--------Aubamayeng-----------

We need young players ... Walcott is a temporary fix the guy is 29 and 30% slower than he was when he was 24... we should buy Moussa dembele he’s only 21. Kasper Dolberg is another good one but I only see him going to Barcelona or Madrid because he really is that good.

im hoping for this at the end of january

------------------------Pickford----------------------

Coleman---------Manolas-------Sokratis------Alex Sandro

------------------------Gueye------------------------

Bolasie---------------Rooney------------------Sigurdsson

-----------------Walcott--------Aubamayeng-----------
Can we squeeze Lionel Messi in anywhere.

Maybe for Walcott?

I didnt say I didnt want De Ligt, I just said we dont need an 18 year old CB and caution should be used when judging players from the CURRENT Dutch League, IMO.

To be honest Zat you have bigged up every young player EVER since you joined, maybe 1 day you will actually mention a player that goes on to do something in the game, I wont hold my breath.

I didnt say I didnt want De Ligt, I just said we dont need an 18 year old CB and caution should be used when judging players from the CURRENT Dutch League, IMO.

To be honest Zat you have bigged up every young player EVER since you joined, maybe 1 day you will actually mention a player that goes on to do something in the game, I wont hold my breath.

And yet, u23 Davy Klaassen (as an example from yourself) I didn't 'big up'....

Why focus on De Ligt's age? He's so good already and will just improve...

Ryan Sessegnon the big one....

Ndidi is one of the best destructive midfielders in the league, and is only 20.
Leon Bailey was linked with Chelsea this week as he is doing really well with Leverkusen
Isak is still only 18 but has started playing for Dortmund and is a full Swedish international.

Ndidi I mentioned also when Leicester signed him...
Bailey I may have mentioned, hes rapid
Isak ive never seen play but we were apparently in for him

Theyre all big name young players and everyone will have scouted them...weve gone for Lookman/DCL/Vlasic/Holgate etc etc and should really be adding 2 players u21 who can come into the squad each season. Id personally like us to aim for English kids first to add to the group (sessegnon / Cook etc) then we go for 1 or 2 big money players from overseas to compliment them,

We've got Martina, Baines, Williams, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Rooney, Jagielka all playing regularly. It's not like we're only playing the u23s every game. I agree we shouldn't be looking at younger players exclusively, but neither should we discount them altogether.

Spot on...we should have a mandate to go and sign a couple of u21 players for the squad each season + add in a Sigurdsson level player to bring them along.

We have Kenny Holgate Gana Vlasic Lookman DCL Beni Keane Pickford , enough youth for now

Yaaay! Lets just sign average players and never challenge the top 4!

Niididididi seems a good player, but he wasnt cheap for an area we are heavily stocked in, I mean Beni is only 19.
The Bailey lad, is he better than Vlasic or Lookman? Guess we find out in 3-4 years
Is Isak better than DCL?

Im not saying any of these players are bad, just that none of them have really "made it" yet, they might, they might not, but they would have cost around 50m, where as we bought Beni, Lookman and DCL for less than 12m. The players you mentioned might turn out better, but its a little early for I told you so.

Just saying.

To be fair to him Ndidi has 'made it' and Bailey has been electric this season...like something has clicked.

Isak, way to early...

The Henry fella, Lookman, Bolasie, Lennon, Sandro, Mirallas.
Henry hasn't had a training session yet
Bolasie is coming off an injury
Lennon has limited attacking threat
Sandro looks like he will be sold
Mirallas should be sold

Weve really only currently got Lookman who still needs developing + Vlasic if he stays out wide...Shame we didn't get Richarlison...or heres a thought, Sessegnon can also play LM...another reason to sign him :)

A good selection mate, we tried for Bailey and Isak but they just wouldn't come would they?

Rumoured to be after Isak...were there any concrete leaks?
Bailey the same I think..

Allardyce said we will be signing players who know the league, look at the names we've been linked with so far and other information that isn't for forum consumption.

Ahhhh, ok I didn't see that he'd said that.

In that case its a bit of a concern...unless he goes for Sessegnon, Cook, Gray lol

No idea what forward he would even want from the prem....the ones in the top 6 are unobtainable and the rest are poor.

this could be a decent (and realistic) XI:

Pickford

Coleman Van Dijk Keane Shaw

Gueye Schneiderlin/Davies

Zaha Rooney Sigurdsson

Giroud

Only 3 signings, and we can sell Besic, Niasse, Lennon and Williams

Ndidi I mentioned also when Leicester signed him...
Bailey I may have mentioned, hes rapid
Isak ive never seen play but we were apparently in for him

Theyre all big name young players and everyone will have scouted them...weve gone for Lookman/DCL/Vlasic/Holgate etc etc and should really be adding 2 players u21 who can come into the squad each season. Id personally like us to aim for English kids first to add to the group (sessegnon / Cook etc) then we go for 1 or 2 big money players from overseas to compliment them,

Spot on...we should have a mandate to go and sign a couple of u21 players for the squad each season + add in a Sigurdsson level player to bring them along.

Yaaay! Lets just sign average players and never challenge the top 4!

To be fair to him Ndidi has 'made it' and Bailey has been electric this season...like something has clicked.

Isak, way to early...

Henry hasn't had a training session yet
Bolasie is coming off an injury
Lennon has limited attacking threat
Sandro looks like he will be sold
Mirallas should be sold

Weve really only currently got Lookman who still needs developing + Vlasic if he stays out wide...Shame we didn't get Richarlison...or heres a thought, Sessegnon can also play LM...another reason to sign him :)

Rumoured to be after Isak...were there any concrete leaks?
Bailey the same I think..

Ahhhh, ok I didn't see that he'd said that.

In that case its a bit of a concern...unless he goes for Sessegnon, Cook, Gray lol

No idea what forward he would even want from the prem....the ones in the top 6 are unobtainable and the rest are poor.

The only Sessegnon we'll be signing under Big Sam.

Stephane%20Sessegnon%20topic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back