Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a long time ago, but mccarthy was actually quite good for us (I actually rate him quite highly and I think his style suits us) the one big problem is getting him fit and keeping him fit, I'm really not sure if that's possible.

For 1 season, like 4 years ago. Then he plays about 12 games per season. I rather get rid of him and get someone who is fit enough to play and contribute. And it seems like Ireland is his priority. Sell.

Get rid of both McCarthy and Besic. Sign N'Zonzi. Job done.

For 1 season, like 4 years ago. Then he plays about 12 games per season. I rather get rid of him and get someone who is fit enough to play and contribute. And it seems like Ireland is his priority. Sell.

Get rid of both McCarthy and Besic. Sign N'Zonzi. Job done.
Yes that really echos what I said, I'd like to see mccarthy have a run of games again but he just seems to fragile now, I also actually forget what Nzonzi was like over here, I don't watch much spainish football. But by listening to sam it seems like he's a viera type player, that will do me.

If we are going to sell Niasse we will definitely needs another striker as well as Tosun. Martina will be staying and I'm 99% sure Barkley will be going as much as I'd like him to stay.Apart from that Mirallas is the only other one I can see going out of your list.
Im not sure we need another one, as it is Niasse hardly plays, so DCL would just take his role, and we still have Sandro unless we move him this window.

He doesn’t want players filling in, Isn’t Martina a right back and is right footed yet he is playing left back. That is filling in.
But Jordan Pickford is our only fit left footed player in our current squad. In fairness he doesn't exactly have another choice than Martina at LB unless he plays one of the 18 yo's from the U23 squad.

I for one, agree with him on Holgate not being played out of position.

Yes, but then we just have 73 billion defensive midfielders. We need someone in midfield, beyond Rooney, who can attack. I do like Nzonzi, but hes a replacement for a defensive mid, not an attacking one. Hes only averaged 3 goals a season for the past 5 seasons.
I hardly think klaassen, besic and mccarthy are attacking

I'm not sure I've seen to much DCL hate but I suppose I'm not the only one that doesn't rate him, also if you think DCL is boss it won't be hard for Sam to please you, there are many lower league or weak foreign league s that will have strikers as good as him. Just for the record what do you see about him that makes him boss? To me he looks tidy enough but that's it, but he can't really strike a ball very well and doesn't really produce much at all in the attacking third.
DCL doesn't produce much in the final third..

Apart from.. you know.. quite literally being the player who's involved in the most Everton goals & assists - and that's excluding him winning penalties.

I'd like to see who else you'd play up front to be honest.

He holds the ball up great with 0 support and doesn't get fed any chances whatsoever. It's not like he's missing the target every week.

asda.webp

I love the Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back