Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N’Zonzi signing would be s complete admittance of failure of Schneiderlin McCarthy Besic Klaassen and in some respects Gueye too. None of them have done the job. They can run around and make as many turn over in possessions as you like but the bottom line is that Home and away we get dominated by average midfields across the league. Hopefully NZonzi isn’t the last of the signings in this area but it seems to be a cursed position ever since Cahill Arteta Pienaar left.

I agree, but then again I think hes capable of being a #2, he just should NOT be leading the line at this stage of his young career. Hopefully this fixes that.

I would like DCL out on loan for a year or two, he uses no threat in attack. Nzonzi would be good but i think we need another attacker over a another CM.

If big Sam wants NZonzi the we have to go get him.

It makes no sense appointing a manager then not backing him especially in his first window.

BTW I think he's a good player.
then no one will hope he is signed because u do not have any clue about any player as demonstrated thru your banned 4 accounts bozo. u was calling holgate and kenny league 1 at best just 2 months ago u slimeball.

Similar in style but Zaha is more effective. He is more direct, gets more assists and gets into better scoring positions.Bolasie is great when he gets up a full head of steam, but often defenders block the run early or show him inside too easily. A great impact player who blossomed under Pulis.
Zaha is not the finished article (and may never be), easily frustrated by poor decisions and wrong choice of final ball at least once a game from a good position. Playing better under Hodgson than he ever did under Pardew though.

For me, Bolasie seems like a bit of a show pony and a headless chicken. As you say, only seems a threat when he has acres of space to run into otherwise defenders move him around. Might be ok from the bench if we had a star winger who tired himself out.

So, Zaha you think is a good player but perhaps not a player good enough for a top 6 side?

Midfield only;

Besic + McCarthy = adios. No point in keeping them
Mirallas = Adios. Cant even make the bench and wanted to go in summer
Klaassen = Adios. If Allardyce says Sandro cant adapt then what about klaassen lol
Schneiderlin = Adios. I'm not sure what he does anymore.

I'm as curious about who's leaving, as I am about who we could be bringing in. Which player(s) do people reckon are definitely leaving in this window? Mirallas is obvious. Who else?

I'm as curious about who's leaving, as I am about who we could be bringing in. Which player(s) do people reckon are definitely leaving in this window? Mirallas is obvious. Who else?

ATM no one is leaving. For a player to leave another club has to come for them. Now has there been any transfer rumour regarding any of our players leaving apart from Barkley?

None as far as I know so there are no leavers as yet, cannot just name players and say sell or out, get real.

I like Tierney but I don’t even think he’s a left back for a top premiership side as he’s just too defensive, he hasnt got the attacking game for the premier league.

I’d still love to sign him still but he’s not the answer at left back, long term, he’s a left sided centre half preferably in a 3 but long term he’ll be fine in a 2.
Are there 2 Tierney's who play for Celtic?. I've only ever seen the one who's always bombing down the left wing putting in dangerous crosses with his excellent left boot

You never know whether theyll make it in the prem and that would be a concern for such a big fee. But I've seen enough of him to show he's pretty handy going firward. But perhaps he didnt get much opportunity against the likes of PSG and Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back