Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klaassen is DEFINITELY an attacking mid(14 goals last season much?), but no one has ever claimed Besic and McCarthy are. I responded to the opinion that "Then we'd have 3 midfielders of Gana, Morgan and Nzonzi to rotate amongst the young lads and Rooney." to say that signing Nzonzi and letting Klaassen go doesnt do anything for us, because it trades one of the only attacking midfielders we have for a defensive mid.

If you are going to sign Nzonzi, its to replace Schneiderlin, not to replace Klaassen, or even the likes of Besic and McCarthy who never play.
Fair enough, with Gana injured etc I think it makes little sense to only have one other defensive midfielder then. I would sooner be rid of besic and James.so we can rotate between Gana, Schneids and Nzonzi for instance.

Tosun actually looks like a good player but you never really know how someone will perform even if you bring them in from the PL.

N'Zonzi is an absolute powerhouse and if we have any chance of getting him we should be all over it. Him, Rooney and Gueye in midfield might just work.

We still need a top winger though and a first choice left back. I wouldn't be surprised if we go for Gray or Mahrez as either would be great for us.

Luke Shaw on loan would also be a great shout if we had an option to buy but his price will always be over the silly money they paid for him.

Not really. I wouldn't be "up to speed" with running a 10k in under 2 hours. I could adapt my current workout regime of not doing a damn thing, drinking ale and eating pizza to running and dieting to meet that tho.

No offence meant here but you’re not a professional sportsman are you?

Same. Have a few doubts we’ll get him though.

Mainly after Sam’s words about us having 87 midfielders. We’d need to sell a couple.

McCarthy and sadly Besic head the list of ones I’d let go. But would need teams to actually want them.

I don’t disagree with you. There’s also the DK and MS situations to consider.

Also the amount of young centre mids we already have. Davies, BB, Joe Williams, Liam Walsh etc.

Same. Have a few doubts we’ll get him though.

Mainly after Sam’s words about us having 87 midfielders. We’d need to sell a couple.

McCarthy and sadly Besic head the list of ones I’d let go. But would need teams to actually want them.

I actually think Allardyce with his Nzonzi comments was letting it subtly be knows that we'd listen to offers for our cm's by what he said mate.

Could see the likes of Besic going Celtic easily enough - with them having a bit of cash from VVD sell on etc - similarly could see a Hudds or Brighton or Newcastle picking him up, Schneiderlin - West Ham, Saints, West Brom or Newcastle and prob a fair few others would have him, McCarthy God knows but IF able to pass a medical then there would be interest in him and if he's injured then he isn't congesting the midfield in selection as he's not available.

Which only leaves us with Davies, Gueye and not much else

No offence meant here but you’re not a professional sportsman are you?
I resent that accusation!

But I get it, but how many times is it said "they need time to adjust to the Premier League"? It's quite possible it's both Sandro isn't up to speed AND can't adjust to get there. It's also possible he just needs more time. We bought him for buttons, time is something I feel like we can indulge with him *IF* he shows SOMETHING that says he can adapt.

I resent that accusation!

But I get it, but how many times is it said "they need time to adjust to the Premier League"? It's quite possible it's both Sandro isn't up to speed AND can't adjust to get there. It's also possible he just needs more time. We bought him for buttons, time is something I feel like we can indulge with him *IF* he shows SOMETHING that says he can adapt.

I fear he just wants to play in Spain and his heart isn’t in it.

Tosun actually looks like a good player but you never really know how someone will perform even if you bring them in from the PL.

N'Zonzi is an absolute powerhouse and if we have any chance of getting him we should be all over it. Him, Rooney and Gueye in midfield might just work.

We still need a top winger though and a first choice left back. I wouldn't be surprised if we go for Gray or Mahrez as either would be great for us.

Luke Shaw on loan would also be a great shout if we had an option to buy but his price will always be over the silly money they paid for him.

Should go for Gaitan who Athletico want to flog on mate, still only 29 and was brilliant as Benfica, and honestly decent whenever i have seen him get a chance for Athletico too.

Fast, skilful and can go past players and is naturally left sided, seen some stuff saying they'd be willing to let him go and for less than they paid for him

I fear he just wants to play in Spain and his heart isn’t in it.

At this point a loan to a ok spanish side for the rest of the season would probably suit everyone best, rather than him spending the rest of the year unhappy and getting 5 minute cameos - let the lad go play and get his confidence back, will re-inflate his value, and maybe he comes back and adjusts better in the summer with a full pre season etc

At this point a loan to a ok spanish side for the rest of the season would probably suit everyone best, rather than him spending the rest of the year unhappy and getting 5 minute cameos - let the lad go play and get his confidence back, will re-inflate his value, and maybe he comes back and adjusts better in the summer with a full pre season etc

We’re just going to loan him until someone can buy him for £3m.

Sake. I had hopes for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back