Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL doesn't produce much in the final third..

Apart from.. you know.. quite literally being the player who's involved in the most Everton goals & assists - and that's excluding him winning penalties.

I'd like to see who else you'd play up front to be honest.

He holds the ball up great with 0 support and doesn't get fed any chances whatsoever. It's not like he's missing the target every week.
You've answered the question your self, we haven't got any choice other than playing him, that is truly disgraceful it came to that. That's why I'll be over the moon to get another striker in so we see less of him. I don't really want to be mean to him, but when he plays I just don't see a very good player in there, it actually disapoints me everytime he's on the team sheet as I know we will produce very little going forward and that is usually the case.

I hardly think klaassen, besic and mccarthy are attacking
Klaassen is DEFINITELY an attacking mid(14 goals last season much?), but no one has ever claimed Besic and McCarthy are. I responded to the opinion that "Then we'd have 3 midfielders of Gana, Morgan and Nzonzi to rotate amongst the young lads and Rooney." to say that signing Nzonzi and letting Klaassen go doesnt do anything for us, because it trades one of the only attacking midfielders we have for a defensive mid.

If you are going to sign Nzonzi, its to replace Schneiderlin, not to replace Klaassen, or even the likes of Besic and McCarthy who never play.

If we are looking a left back then Tierney is the answer. I know he just signed a new Celtic contract, but that was to preserve the value of their asset. £30m will get him, and yes that sounds a lot but for me it's a no brainer.

Nzonzi is also a great option. 25m is more than fine. He improves us enormously and we can bin some of our numerous crabs.

I like Tierney but I don’t even think he’s a left back for a top premiership side as he’s just too defensive, he hasnt got the attacking game for the premier league.

I’d still love to sign him still but he’s not the answer at left back, long term, he’s a left sided centre half preferably in a 3 but long term he’ll be fine in a 2.

We were bound to get a shot sooner or later and defences tired at the end. He was just Johnny on the spot there. All the "one shot" thing means is that we need to offload most of the team. They're mostly gash. He's utter gash. We all know it, and he needs to go. He did his bit for us in his comeback and I'm grateful, but sayonara Oumar.
So tell me, where was that game he started and we lost because he wasnt producing? When was that? I dont remember it.

Neither did you, because it didnt happen. I get it, hes awkward, but until he actually DOESNT produce for just 1 game, which is far less leniency than DCL gets right now, its absolutely absurd to write him off like that. You have yet to see him play a bad game that cost us anything, and yet you just want to toss him to the wind. You and Koeman would be best buddies.

If big Sam wants NZonzi the we have to go get him.

It makes no sense appointing a manager then not backing him especially in his first window.

BTW I think he's a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back