Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're hanging your hat on us finishing in a respectable place there. Let's say we do finish 15th, what quality are we going to be able to buy? The complacency with some of our fans astonishes me. We are a dreadful side, we're relying on Tosun hitting the ground sprinting to finish anywhere near 7th.
Hahaha honestly pal I wish football was still like you seem to think it is

Unless a CL club are in for them, there's only one set of numbers they care about, and it's defo not final league place

Money wise what's the difference between finishing 7th and say 10th? there is an incentive there not to mention restoring a bit of pride following the car crash that was the first half of the season. There's still plenty to play for and as someone said we are far from safe as things stand.

Hahaha honestly pal I wish football was still like you seem to think it is

Unless a CL club are in for them, there's only one set of numbers they care about, and it's defo not final league place

But what if finishing 15th means even more of our half decent players then want to leave?

But what if finishing 15th means even more of our half decent players want to leave?
1. Who's that like? Pickford/Rooney/Sigurdsson after 1 season? Or the young ones? No chance.

2. What's that gotta do with the quality of centre half we'd be able to sign in the summer vs January?

1. Who's that like? Pickford/Rooney/Sigurdsson after 1 season? Or the young ones? No chance.

2. What's that gotta do with the quality of centre half we'd be able to sign in the summer vs January?

1. Yeah I'd definitely say Pickford like.

2. Because it's a myth that no quality at all is available in January ever, and signing a better centre back than what we've got now will improve our chances of finishing higher up and stand a better chance of keeping players like Pickford. Say Arsenal, who are likely to finish 6th, come in for him in the summer. Are we more likely to stand a better chance of keeping hold of him if we finish 15th, or 7th? Or is there no difference?

1. Yeah I'd definitely say Pickford like.

2. Because it's a myth that no quality at all is available in January ever, and signing a better centre back than what we've got now will improve our chances of finishing higher up and stand a better chance of keeping players like Pickford. Say Arsenal, who are likely to finish 6th, come in for him in the summer. Are we more likely to stand a better chance of keeping hold of him if we finish 15th, or 7th? Or is there no difference?
So basically you're saying we need to urgently sign a centre half now so we don't sell our goalkeeper to Arsenal in the summer?

Be honest, how sure are you that it's not just because you're impatient and what signings now for the excitement?

Hahahaha of course that's what I said. It wasn't like, an example or anything. But ok.
You used that example because it's the only example. Pickford is the only one any team would want, and Arsenal are the only team that could need a keeper.

That's if we were willing to sell him 1 yr into his contract (we wouldn't), and he did want to leave (he won't, £££), all because we finished 15th (which we won't).

Also ignoring the fact that we'd demand a world record fee for a GK if he went, so he could easily be replaced even if by some miracle all of the above happned

All because we didn't sign a centre half in January !!!!

They'd much rather sell Dembele.

Celtic know they've got two 'big players' atm who can make them a lot of money.

Tierney and Dembele.

They'd rather sell Dembele now, meaning there is no pressure to sell Tierney.

He's on a 6-year deal, mate. He's staying there barring a ridiculous move from one of the big boys, imo.

Spot on.

Tierney is going nowhere for the foreseeable.

Next.

You used that example because it's the only example. Pickford is the only one any team would want, and Arsenal are the only team that could need a keeper.

That's if we were willing to sell him 1 yr into his contract (we wouldn't), and he did want to leave (he won't, £££), all because we finished 15th (which we won't).

Also ignoring the fact that we'd demand a world record fee for a GK if he went, so he could easily be replaced even if by some miracle all of the above happned

All because we didn't sign a centre half in January !!!!

Fair enough.

The fact still remains that this team needs a centre back as a priority. It's got absolutely nothing to do with getting signings in because it's "exciting". If that was the case, then I'd have been buzzing with our summer business when the window closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back