Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

The fact still remains that this team needs a centre back. It's got absolutely nothing to do with getting signings in because it's "exciting". If that was the case, then I'd have been buzzing with our summer business when the window closed.
Yeah I know mate, we do need a centre back.

But we need a good centre back, for the next 5-10 years, not one to secure the 2017/18 7th place trophy.

Personally @mikeh72 I think we will see a bit of movement when ManUre sign Danny Rose and it will leave Luke Shaw available

Just got that feeling in the water.......

I think if we do want Shaw, then we should be the ones getting the ball rolling on that one. Might seem like I'm being impatient, but 6 weeks of Cuco Martina at left back is too long.

I think if we do want Shaw, then we should be the ones getting the ball rolling on that one. Might seem like I'm being impatient, but 6 weeks of Cuco Martina at left back is too long.

How are we to do that? Man Utd won't entertain the possibility of signing him until they have bought his replacement, which they may not even do this window. At the moment is isn't for sale.

How are we to do that? Man Utd won't entertain the possibility of signing him until they have bought his replacement, which they may not even do this window. At the moment is isn't for sale.

He sits on the bench behind Ashley Young anyway, why wouldn't they entertain a bid that meets his valuation? You could just as well say Spurs won't sell Rose until they've bought someone.

He sits on the bench behind Ashley Young anyway, why wouldn't they entertain a bid that meets his valuation? You could just as well say Spurs won't sell Rose until they've bought someone.
and that is what might be holding up the Rose transfer to Utd.

These are professional Clubs, they don't get rid of first team players or even their cover without an adequate replacement.
(unlike us)

I really do not understand the Walcott hate.... name a winger since Pre David Moyes who is legitimately a better footballer that played for us

Ahead of time Pienaar Bily and Delefeou are not as consistantly good as Theo

He has genuine pace, always works hard can bury the ball in the net and has excellent decision making in the final third

So what he got injured once lol all this pressure we put on English players, when are we willing to admit English players are no longer near the top of the bunch? We expect the likes of Theo to develop into Lionel Messi’s ffs

I really do not understand the Walcott hate.... name a winger since Pre David Moyes who is legitimately a better footballer that played for us

Ahead of time Pienaar Bily and Delefeou are not as consistantly good as Theo

He has genuine pace, always works hard can bury the ball in the net and has excellent decision making in the final third

So what he got injured once lol all this pressure we put on English players, when are we willing to admit English players are no longer near the top of the bunch? We expect the likes of Theo to develop into Lionel Messi’s ffs
Pienaar is a totally different kind of player but was certainly consistently better than Walcott in his first spell at the club, precisely because he was actually consistent, something that Walcott has never been. He was a very creative player and allowed us to retain possession and create chances; he was key to the way we played at the time.

Walcott is 28 years old and, as a player who has always relied on pace, probably past his best. I can't understand why we'd countenance signing a player like that who can't get into a team that will probably finish 5th or 6th in the league this season.

My worry on Walcott is they we don’t have the midfield players to service him. I actually rate him but our wide players seem to spend more time tracking back a very different way of playing than playing wing forward for Arsenal.

Even without improving in 10 years he's better than every single wide player we've currently got by a considerable margin.
He isn't really a wide player in the way that we set up though, he's basically a striker who tends to play wide. He won't offer anything tracking back so we'd have to play him as a striker or a wing forward.

He doesn't really create chances - 2 assists in 28 games last season isn't particularly impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back