Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do not understand the Walcott hate.... name a winger since Pre David Moyes who is legitimately a better footballer that played for us

Ahead of time Pienaar Bily and Delefeou are not as consistantly good as Theo

He has genuine pace, always works hard can bury the ball in the net and has excellent decision making in the final third

So what he got injured once lol all this pressure we put on English players, when are we willing to admit English players are no longer near the top of the bunch? We expect the likes of Theo to develop into Lionel Messi’s ffs
He has never stood out to me as a great player. For the money and our history with injuries I think it might be sour.

I’m not Walcott’s biggest fan, more pace than actual football brains but I would rather pay £20m for a proven PL player than £27m for an unknown from a average league.

Pienaar is a totally different kind of player but was certainly consistently better than Walcott in his first spell at the club, precisely because he was actually consistent, something that Walcott has never been. He was a very creative player and allowed us to retain possession and create chances; he was key to the way we played at the time.

Walcott is 28 years old and, as a player who has always relied on pace, probably past his best. I can't understand why we'd countenance signing a player like that who can't get into a team that will probably finish 5th or 6th in the league this season.

Pienaar combined with Baines was a thing of beauty. Take Baines out of the equation and Pienaar became a solid if somewhat underwhelming player as was seen with Spurs and South Africa. Together though they were out of this world and probably the best partnership I've seen. Walcott has a better strike rate than Pienaar and is still seriously rapid. Nowhere near the technical ability though.

Pienaar combined with Baines was a thing of beauty. Take Baines out of the equation and Pienaar became a solid if somewhat underwhelming player as was seen with Spurs and South Africa. Together though they were out of this world and probably the best partnership I've seen. Walcott has a better strike rate than Pienaar and is still seriously rapid. Nowhere near the technical ability though.
He has a better strike rate because he basically plays as a striker mate.

He isn't really a wide player in the way that we set up though, he's basically a striker who tends to play wide. He won't offer anything tracking back so we'd have to play him as a striker or a wing forward.

He doesn't really create chances - 2 assists in 28 games last season isn't particularly impressive.

That's exactly what we should do, that's how 4-3-3 is supposed to be played. We might be able to get players near our centre forward then.

Why can't we do both? Vlasic is never a winger anyway.
Because we’d be wasting a huge wage giving it to Walcott who isn’t going to push us on.

We’ve got Bolasie, who is as good as Walcott already. The other side should be given to a younger player to have a go now.

Day 10 of January's transfer window.

STILL NO LEFT BACK LINKED, RUMOURED OR SIGNED.

OUR LEFT BACK FOR THIS WEEKEND WILL BE CUCO MARTINA AGAIN.

Disgraceful.

I read an article yesterday that said Garbutt may be back in contention, he hasn’t played because he is not in the 25 man premier league squad that Koeman selected at the start of the season, but BFSA is “assessing things”. If we don’t get someone in Garbutt, could be drafted into the premier league squad

It's not, we won't. The window could close now and we'll finish comfortably top half. We're not good like, everyone else is just proper wank.

Rushing in and just signing any centre half available now would be ludicrous tbh when we could wait til Summer and sign a quality one for the long term benefit of the defence

What makes you think a quality centre half will come here in the summer?

At the moment we cannot offer them ( next season)the prospect of European football, the chances of a cup win are slim ( given our record in the recent past) and the the prospect of challenging the so called top 6 looks beyond us.

The only reason a quality anybody will sign in the summer is for the money. Which in my book makes them a mercenary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back