Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think that writing off a player without him playing 5-6 games is premature? Look at niasse, I mean he is a terrible player but he has had plenty of games to show how bad he is

You don’t seem to be getting my point mate.

With a run of games those 2 might be ok in the end. But they might not be either. There’s just as much chance they won’t be. In fact evidence suggests they won’t be.

Personally I wouldn’t risk it now. You would and that’s fine.

You don’t seem to be getting my point mate.

With a run of games those 2 might be ok in the end. But they might not be either. There’s just as much chance they won’t be. In fact evidence suggests they won’t be.

Personally I wouldn’t risk it now. You would and that’s fine.

That's fine mate. Just to clarify when I said "that's bollocks" in my original reply I was talking about sam saying the they have been given chances. I don't agree they have that's all.

You don't think that writing off a player without him playing 5-6 games is premature? Look at niasse, I mean he is a terrible player but he has had plenty of games to show how bad he is
It would be like writing Lookman off and feeling pressured to buy someone like Walcott instead of giving him 5-6 games...

...oh, wait. We are going to actually do that.

Our last 6 months have set us back a long way in terms of attracting the right calibre of player. We were in a good place last summer and Koeman/Walsh/the board blew it.

Top players aren't coming here mid season. People need to stop screwing their nose up at the likes of Walcott and saying we should be going after players who are completely unattainable. He at least ticks the boxes in terms of addressing our numerous, and significant weaknesses.

Antonio ?? Please God no.

Luke Shaw might work.
Our last 6 months have set us back a long way in terms of attracting the right calibre of player. We were in a good place last summer and Koeman/Walsh/the board blew it.

Top players aren't coming here mid season. People need to stop screwing their nose up at the likes of Walcott and saying we should be going after players who are completely unattainable. He at least ticks the boxes in terms of addressing our numerous, and significant weaknesses.

I agree with your post except for the Walcott bit. I just don't get good vibes from this deal at all. He's come across as such a mercenary in recent years and managed to blag two contracts out of Wenger for doing very little, and on massively improved terms. He did well last season but he's now 29 and just strikes me as player that realises he'll never amount to the player he thought he was going to be and is now is just going through the motions. For those saying that he will want to win an England spot, I honestly don't think he cares at all about getting back into the England team. When he was omitted from the 2010 squad I think he hasn't cared one jot about international selection since.

If we sign him, which would probably be on a 5 year deal I can picture us being stuck with him for a long time and really big wages. Hope we look elsewhere.

Send Schnerderlin packing to West Ham for £18-20 million.

Sandro and Niasse out for £22-25 million combined.

Besic and Martina out the door for a few quid and Kev gone for a few million in the summer.

Klaassan out in the summer for £10-12 million to an Italian/German side.

Get this utter dross of a squad trimmed. We need 3-4 very good signings and Alladyce booted out just to get back to 7th.

I'll supply the oil and kindling. His celebrations alone should be enough for him to never be considered ever.

He bought a house I was trying to buy. The day after he’d bought it he signed for West Ham and put it back up for sale. I’m not so keen on him as a result, so I’ll supply the matches.

Good lads, we’ll burn this bitch to the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back