Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People tend to forget that it was actually the January Windows that enabled Allardyce to save both Sunderland and Palace from the abyss. At Sunderland he signed Defoe, Kirchkoff and Lamine Kone who all contributed massively to their survival and at Palace he signed Milojojevic and Sakho on loan who were key reasons Palace were able to turn it around. The point being I'm expecting to be pleasantly surprised in January, as bang average a manager Allardyce is he usually has a trick up his sleeve.[/QUOTE
If he's going to go back to any of his old club's for players I'd take Zaha from Palace all day long, probably next to no chance but you can only try.

Yeah Zaha is starting to fulfil his potential now, looks an excellent player. Problem is he'd cost north of £40 million in today's market. You have to laugh at England and Manchester United letting get away.

Sorry, have u seen Williams this season??!!

Replacing Williams is the number one priority in my opinion, having said that I believe going for Dann would be a sideways step. We've seen with Williams what buying a defender from a relegation candidate brings. They look all well and good playing deep, under siege most weeks mopping up balls flung into their box but when asked to play on the front foot at us in a high line Williams has fallen woefully short. Furthermore Dann would cost about £25 million if you measure him against Johnny Evans so a definite swerve in my opinion on him.

Look at the england first squad he named for maybe some clues.

Antonio was given his first call up (and maybe only?) by him - so a decent chance he'd go for him i think, Walcott also given a recall after a long time without a call up, so would guess thats another we could sniff around.

Sturridge, Vardy and Kane the only cf's - he omitted Defoe which is telling as well.

3 of that list are more than likely gonna be 'gettable' during January and all 3 kind of fill areas we lack in terms of pace or being a decent striker

Wouldn't shock me to see him bringing in an 'experienced' cb, and then maybe any two from Antonio/Walcott/Vardy for example

I think any from Reid, Kone, Cresswell, Arnholt, Benteke at a guess.

I would hate us to be short term this January, buying players to dig us out of a relegation scrap. We need players to be long term stars for us and outlast Allardyce. Day one make an approach for Jose Gimenez at Atletico, ambitious but we need to buy young stars that can become stalwarts for us. If he doesn't come work your way down but aim high for sure.

Look at the england first squad he named for maybe some clues.

Antonio was given his first call up (and maybe only?) by him - so a decent chance he'd go for him i think, Walcott also given a recall after a long time without a call up, so would guess thats another we could sniff around.

Sturridge, Vardy and Kane the only cf's - he omitted Defoe which is telling as well.

3 of that list are more than likely gonna be 'gettable' during January and all 3 kind of fill areas we lack in terms of pace or being a decent striker

Wouldn't shock me to see him bringing in an 'experienced' cb, and then maybe any two from Antonio/Walcott/Vardy for example

There is literally no chance Vardy would be interested. He’s on 100k a week playing for a club that adore him. A relegation battle with Big Sam isn’t going to be on his ‘to do’ list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back