January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left back is needed! Shaw at 20m is a massive gamble. I'd rather chuck 20m at Tierney however i'd imagine Celtic would want more. Chilwell would be a player id consider.

Centre Back, we need a player who is under the age of 25 but is good enough to get straight into side. Saying that i think any half decent CB could get in our side at the minute.
Agree Shaw is not the answer, Jose criticised his enthusiasm as well or something.

Tierney is the best bet imo, never been impressed by Chilwell personally

Tierney just signed a new long deal at celtic, seems to like it in that tin pot league

20m isn't getting him in a million years

think Shaw would be a boss signing, he was quality at Southampton, we can get him fit and playing like that and weve got a young baines again
my only concern with Shaw is his fitness. If he's not out injuried he's looked out of shape. If he can get back to his Southampton best he'd be the ideal long-term replacement for Baines, him or that young lad from Leicester

Allardyce like a lot of other managers will play who he regards as 'buying into his ideas' and who he believes will execute what he wants best.

He will bring in during January people he reckons for a 4 month period he can motivate to perform and who will give him what he needs - longer term those players will usually be a terrible purchase (but short term it will work)

He is someone who 100% has had favourites that have followed him from club to club though, which i have no idea who will be - but wouldn't be shocked if 1-2 players minimum who'd he had at west ham/palace or Sunderland came in during January
Most managers are like that.

Moyes, Martinez and Koeman all signed the same players multiple times for clubs I believe

You clearly watch a bit of ball mate, they wouldn't be popular picks but very very well observed. The three of them are playing very very well and have miles of head room in development. Wood trapped a ball last night and it stuck to his toe, he has a bit about him and his work rate is sublime, very vrey impressed with him.

Knockeart is quality, im surprised he hasn't been more productive so far but he will, Shaqiri is putting in his best PL stint, lovely player.

Personally i would look at the following:

Forwards: Wood, Dembelle, King, Wilson, Batshuayi.
Centre midfiled: Lewis Cook
Left Back: Daniels, Creswell
Cantre back: Hoedt at Southampton top defender.
Wings: Zaha, Richarlison.
Dembele and Zaha would solve a few attacking problems for sure.

Don't know much about the defenders mentioned,

my only concern with Shaw is his fitness. If he's not out injuried he's looked out of shape. If he can get back to his Southampton best he'd be the ideal long-term replacement for Baines, him or that young lad from Leicester

nar he'll be sound for fitness mate if he has a manager and team that believe in him, united aren't arsed abar him just left him to it, got a manager who gets him fit and gives him a go he'll be flying

Tierney just signed a new long deal at celtic, seems to like it in that tin pot league

20m isn't getting him in a million years

think Shaw would be a boss signing, he was quality at Southampton, we can get him fit and playing like that and weve got a young baines again
Holy moly is Shaw only 22? Seems to have been around for ages...If he was to get fit then a good shout

Shaw and Valencia are the fittest players at Utd by some distance apparently...

Ive said elswhere that i can see Defoe arriving in January, warming the bench at Bournemouth is no good for his world cup swansong. and Sam had him at Sunderland.

Other ex Sam players, Zaha and Benteke would be good.

3 central defenders, with at least one being a leftie is paramount along with 2 strikers as back up to Prince Niasse of Merseyside

Shaw and Valencia are the fittest players at Utd by some distance apparently...
2218887-46276598-640-360.jpg

Left back is needed! Shaw at 20m is a massive gamble. I'd rather chuck 20m at Tierney however i'd imagine Celtic would want more. Chilwell would be a player id consider.

Centre Back, we need a player who is under the age of 25 but is good enough to get straight into side. Saying that i think any half decent CB could get in our side at the minute.
20m for Tierney?
Arana is free lol

How much would Arthur Henrique be? not much...

I'd put a shiny 50p on Sam turning our misfiring Defence into World beaters with some heavy drilling, and spending all his budget on a big striker or two in the window (Benteke guaranteed).

He's done much better with much worse defenders in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back