January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to approach this window with the view to buying an entire new defence and strike force.

2 strikers, 2 centre backs, a right back and left back required.

Mee to partner Keane, we know that works at least. Get Giroud in if he’ll come after getting very little game time again.

I’d say the over to you Walsh, but I want you gone long before then.

I’ll put in the extra 20 quid to make it the 200 m we will need to buy that lot
Let’s be realistic here
Moshiri and FSA both know this is a short term appointment
FSA is getting his cards in June and Mosh will try for a glamour big name signing again.
FSA will be given the minimum required plus player sales to strengthen the squad
Moshiri will have learned from his mistakes and won’t let FSA waste money that can’t be recouped

I’ll put in the extra 20 quid to make it the 200 m we will need to buy that lot
Let’s be realistic here
Moshiri and FSA both know this is a short term appointment
FSA is getting his cards in June and Mosh will try for a glamour big name signing again.
FSA will be given the minimum required plus player sales to strengthen the squad
Moshiri will have learned from his mistakes and won’t let FSA waste money that can’t be recouped

I think that's true, but we will need to get a striker.

Chris Wood (i wanted him in the summer ripped it up at leeds last year) Is a beast reminds me a bit of Viduka, but i think Viduka was better technically and Ben Mee at Burnley? Might help Michael Keane settle down more in defence?

Knockeart or Shaqiri for left wing, bring Garbutt back in the squad and look at a defensive mid and get proper goalie cover. maybe get butland or another keeper next year and really push Pickford on a couple of levels
Do you honestly think that Butland who is next in line to be England’s No1 is going to come here and sit on the bench as Pickford replacement

We need to approach this window with the view to buying an entire new defence and strike force.

2 strikers, 2 centre backs, a right back and left back required.

Mee to partner Keane, we know that works at least. Get Giroud in if he’ll come after getting very little game time again.

I’d say the over to you Walsh, but I want you gone long before then.

We won’t buy 6 players in a January window. Absolutely no chance. Need them or not.

We won’t buy 6 players in a January window. Absolutely no chance. Need them or not.

Normally I would agree, but then I notice this from Sams West Ham days.

Over the course of the 2011–12 season a total of 25 players left the club while 19 were signed.

IMO we need major surgery, now a winter window isnt the time nor the place for that kind of thing, but we have some players we could bail and we have MASSIVE gaps in the squad that need plugging, Sam is really going to want pitch his tent for the job next Season, I wouldnt be shocked if we have a very busy window.

I say this every year tho, I say we will sign loads then we do naff all all window and sign some clown on deadline day, God I hate Everton.

Still cant believe so many negative comments regarding the clubs new appointment

But having a sense of humour I thought which player that Sam could sign would cause the most "fume" on the site, not just bed wetting, but clear and clean "Scanners" head explosion, I thought Andy Carroll, Mark Noble but the one that got me would be Mario Balotelli, as he is available on a free.

There will be spread sheets, lists and stats all over the place :)

Liverpool’s fire chief wouldn’t allow it under health and safety regulations

Schneiderlin isn't playing well but doesn't become a poor player overnight, he was our best player when he landed last year IMO

The system we are playing without the quality upfront on holding the ball up just makes the ball come back to you all the time

Shouts to have a major clear-out are daft, we still need an experienced squad, on saying that I also think Mirallas will go and maybe Williams, back to Swansea to keep them up.

Talk of letting Sandro and Klaassen go after half a season is just mental
This whole thread is mental
Come to think of it the whole club has gone mental

Normally I would agree, but then I notice this from Sams West Ham days.

Over the course of the 2011–12 season a total of 25 players left the club while 19 were signed.

IMO we need major surgery, now a winter window isnt the time nor the place for that kind of thing, but we have some players we could bail and we have MASSIVE gaps in the squad that need plugging, Sam is really going to want pitch his tent for the job next Season, I wouldnt be shocked if we have a very busy window.

I say this every year tho, I say we will sign loads then we do naff all all window and sign some clown on deadline day, God I hate Everton.

It wouldn’t shock me to see more outs than ins this coming window.

Tierney just signed a new long deal at celtic, seems to like it in that tin pot league

20m isn't getting him in a million years

think Shaw would be a boss signing, he was quality at Southampton, we can get him fit and playing like that and weve got a young baines again

I’d take shaw on a 6 month loan with an option to buy at a fixed price
Either him or Blind , a very steady and versatile player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back