January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too in some ways.

If only to hear people do the whole ‘SELL TO BUY’ thing again.

As soon as a club goes out of Europe (and then the chance for re-qualification dips markedly like us bozos) may as well go for quality over quantity.

SELL THEM ALL

It wouldn’t shock me to see more outs than ins this coming window.

We have a squad that was built for Europa League football, we dont have Europa League football after next week, I mean totally ignoring the fact that the squad wasnt even built for a single League game, but anyway, as I say, we have loads of players we could sell tomorrow and we wouldnt even "miss them".

We have a squad that was built for Europa League football, we dont have Europa League football after next week, I mean totally ignoring the fact that the squad wasnt even built for a single League game, but anyway, as I say, we have loads of players we could sell tomorrow and we wouldnt even "miss them".

Good evening Mein MorgsGoatFrandelino

Who would you suggest we sell

Good evening Mein MorgsGoatFrandelino

Who would you suggest we sell

Good Eve MrFrandhassenOrly.

Im still in a "all our players are gobshites sell them all kinda mood", but considering we need a squad I would be looking at purchasing a ST, CB and a LB, the following players should be punted as a matter of urgency :

Mirallas
SniderRat
McRatthy
Robles

We could prolly get 40m from utter desperate ferrets for those 4.

Then youve got the following players who could possibly be punted provided we replaced them :

Besic - If Big Sam isnt gonna play him we should sell him, I love the boy but hes better than sitting on a bench at some no mark club
Asher Williams - He hates us, most people hate him, he needs to go, I dont hate him for the record, but hes a bit poo
Ross Barkley - Ive put him here, not cos I want rid, but if we can get dough now, it would probably be prudent to get dough, rip the band aid OFF
Martina - Posted without comment
Klaassen - If hes really not up to the league, bail him, I personally think he hasnt really been given time to settle, but meh
Sandro - See above

I would also be looking to loan out Lookman and DCL, provided of course we could replace them within the squad, both need 90minutes every week, DCL is doing a decent job, but he needs to play every second and he needs to get better, its not a slight on either player, just I personally think a loan somewhere would be tip top for both.

Thats what I would do anyway.

God I hope not, we dodged the bullet first time round, leave him where he is

Kones problems at Sunderland where over promises over an extended and improved contract should Sunderland stay up made by allardyce when he signed him in January, so doubt he'd want to sign for him again given when Sam left no one at the club had a clue about that promise.

Good Eve MrFrandhassenOrly.

Im still in a "all our players are gobshites sell them all kinda mood", but considering we need a squad I would be looking at purchasing a ST, CB and a LB, the following players should be punted as a matter of urgency :

Mirallas
SniderRat
McRatthy
Robles

We could prolly get 40m from utter desperate ferrets for those 4.

Then youve got the following players who could possibly be punted provided we replaced them :

Besic - If Big Sam isnt gonna play him we should sell him, I love the boy but hes better than sitting on a bench at some no mark club
Asher Williams - He hates us, most people hate him, he needs to go, I dont hate him for the record, but hes a bit poo
Ross Barkley - Ive put him here, not cos I want rid, but if we can get dough now, it would probably be prudent to get dough, rip the band aid OFF
Martina - Posted without comment
Klaassen - If hes really not up to the league, bail him, I personally think he hasnt really been given time to settle, but meh
Sandro - See above

I would also be looking to loan out Lookman and DCL, provided of course we could replace them within the squad, both need 90minutes every week, DCL is doing a decent job, but he needs to play every second and he needs to get better, its not a slight on either player, just I personally think a loan somewhere would be tip top for both.

Thats what I would do anyway.
There is no way Sam is gonna prune the squad. I promise you.

We won’t buy 6 players in a January window. Absolutely no chance. Need them or not.

We dont need 6 players in January, for starters we dont need a right back in the slightest, we dont need two strikers we need realistically at this point in the season need one more, we don't need two centre backs we need one, we do need a left back as well off.

3 players are NEEDED and January is for just that, to fix the major holes not to complete the team, that will be having to wait hopefully at least until summer.

Wouldn't shock me to see us loaning in a few this January, sturridge and Shaw to name two possible Ones, both would see there value rise hugely given a good half season of playing regularly, so would suit the loaning clubs as well as us.

There is no way Sam is gonna prune the squad. I promise you.

He will want to get his grubby little mitts deep into the pie Bry, trust me on this, this could be the 2nd time ive been right in 10 years here.

Wouldn't shock me to see us loaning in a few this January, sturridge and Shaw to name two possible Ones, both would see there value rise hugely given a good half season of playing regularly, so would suit the loaning clubs as well as us.

Mate?

He will want to get his grubby little mitts deep into the pie Bry, trust me on this, this could be the 2nd time ive been right in 10 years here.

Mate?

He has friends at United and he did exactly that with sahko last season mate, not say I'd like them or not, just wouldn't be shocked by it.

pickford
chillwell, blind, keane, zouma,
demaria gray, guaye, rooney zaha,
sigurdsson
defoe

(i think that its a realisticish players we can afford and bring in, i know that some of them are on loan and will be in teams that are in a relegation battle etc)

pickford
chillwell, blind, keane, zouma,
demaria gray, guaye, rooney zaha,
sigurdsson
defoe

(i think that its a realisticish players we can afford and bring in, i know that some of them are on loan and will be in teams that are in a relegation battle etc)

Congratulations, you've brought 6 new players in and somehow managed to make the team worse than it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back