January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't shock me to see us loaning in a few this January, sturridge and Shaw to name two possible Ones, both would see there value rise hugely given a good half season of playing regularly, so would suit the loaning clubs as well as us.

These are the sort of deals I see too. Throughout Sams career he has looked to take lads who were struggling at top teams, or lads coming towards the end of their career and relied on his man management to get the best out of them. Shaw and Sturridge both make a lot of sense in this area, as it will allow United/Liverpool to add another player in.

Alternatively I still think Van Arnholt may come as he can't get a game for Palace, and like us will want to claw some money back for players who aren't in their first 11. I think Benteke and particularly Zaha are never going to get done mid season. It will be interested to see if we pay money for a couple, as it may suggest Allardyce potentially seeing out 18 months, or maybe 12 months.

These are the sort of deals I see too. Throughout Sams career he has looked to take lads who were struggling at top teams, or lads coming towards the end of their career and relied on his man management to get the best out of them. Shaw and Sturridge both make a lot of sense in this area, as it will allow United/Liverpool to add another player in.

Alternatively I still think Van Arnholt may come as he can't get a game for Palace, and like us will want to claw some money back for players who aren't in their first 11. I think Benteke and particularly Zaha are never going to get done mid season. It will be interested to see if we pay money for a couple, as it may suggest Allardyce potentially seeing out 18 months, or maybe 12 months.
Personally I hope we just get the minimum in that we need and loans would be a good way of doing it. Not much point spending big with this manager, who will hopefully be gone in the summer.

I could potentially see us making enquiries for Smalling or Lindeloff who seem surplus to requirements at Manchester United (one of them) even on a loan deal.

A lot may depend on who we move on, if both Schneiderlin & McCarthy move on we will probably look at a central midfield option, maybe we would re-open discussions around Deodonker?

I can see us revisiting the lad from Valencia (Abendeyour?) mid season as well to see if they would consider letting him go at a reasonable price. I know someone suggested a lad at Leicester as a CB who is not getting much game time. I think we'll add Kone and if a deal to get another lad in makes sense it will be done.

I can't see us going and paying fortunes for players much more. Maybe because the money isn't there. Maybe because they don't want Allardyce to spend it. Crucially though, that approach, if giving a manager exactly what he wants and paying massively over the odds to get it hasn't worked. I suspect Walsh's role will be increased and far more emphasis on value will be getting placed. Allardyce fits within that, as he's quite flexible and willing to take lads who are not at the prime of their value.

I can't say I'm massively bothered by this as it makes a lot more sense, than just looking at a teams best player and whacking huge fees down to get them. We should get better value for money this way, and if you are flexible there can be decent deals knocking about.

Overall, I think he will want big lads. Smalling is a big lad, so is Kone, Maybe Winston Reid at West Ham is Moyes was willing to take someone like a Mirallas as Part exchange the other way?

Personally I hope we just get the minimum in that we need and loans would be a good way of doing it. Not much point spending big with this manager, who will hopefully be gone in the summer.

Loans make sense, or lads who who have been on Walsh's radar who may have fallen slightly out of favour. The lad at Cardiff may be one example, or Deodonker may be another.

I think he'll go for Kone and if he plays like he did when Fat Sam was at Sunderland it'd be a decent signing.
Surely he will cost a pittance comparatively to when we were last supposedly interested? Haven't watched him but heard he's gone backwards, with the whole team like.

Kone's problem is that he sucks at football. Are you kidding? He was HORRIBLE last year.

And we do NOT need another RB if Coleman is coming back. JonJoe is fine.

Someone also suggested we DON'T need defenders, that Sam can magically drill them into competence.

Another suggested we loan out Lookman.

The board has gone mad.

Mate did you read any of my posts.

I already said anyone saying we need a rb is wrong, it will arguably be one of our strongest positions in a few weeks and till the end of the season.
We don't need 2 cb's signed in January, we need one for sure, signing 2 we'd end up with dross basically as one would be willing to come as a backup effectively in that case - just sign a solid/good one to partner Keane, Williams, Jags at a real push can cover - and Holate needs to get some more regular time at cb to develop - and should really play a lot more the rest of the season there.

Kone btw was very very good from Jan when he arrived till the end of the season, and 100% all the issues about broken promises on a new contract massively affected his form and since then he has been mailing in a lot of performances - glad we swerved him - although he probably would have not had that massive dip in his form had he moved that Summer.

We basically need a striker, a centre back and a left back in January - anything over that number will just dilute the level of player we bring in - as we won't have a silly amount too spend

IF i was gonna take a punt on names i think we could see come in, would be as follows mate

Shaw - loan option to buy
Sturridge AND Carroll - both possibly loans with options to buy

I think Sahko would have been nailed on had he not gone to Palace during the summer as well, and expect us to get a 'similar' type player (wouldn't rule out Smalling btw)

Don't think we will bring in anyone from abroad personally

I could potentially see us making enquiries for Smalling or Lindeloff who seem surplus to requirements at Manchester United (one of them) even on a loan deal.

A lot may depend on who we move on, if both Schneiderlin & McCarthy move on we will probably look at a central midfield option, maybe we would re-open discussions around Deodonker?

I can see us revisiting the lad from Valencia (Abendeyour?) mid season as well to see if they would consider letting him go at a reasonable price. I know someone suggested a lad at Leicester as a CB who is not getting much game time. I think we'll add Kone and if a deal to get another lad in makes sense it will be done.

I can't see us going and paying fortunes for players much more. Maybe because the money isn't there. Maybe because they don't want Allardyce to spend it. Crucially though, that approach, if giving a manager exactly what he wants and paying massively over the odds to get it hasn't worked. I suspect Walsh's role will be increased and far more emphasis on value will be getting placed. Allardyce fits within that, as he's quite flexible and willing to take lads who are not at the prime of their value.

I can't say I'm massively bothered by this as it makes a lot more sense, than just looking at a teams best player and whacking huge fees down to get them. We should get better value for money this way, and if you are flexible there can be decent deals knocking about.

Overall, I think he will want big lads. Smalling is a big lad, so is Kone, Maybe Winston Reid at West Ham is Moyes was willing to take someone like a Mirallas as Part exchange the other way?

We won't get any centre mids in mate, Rooney will effectively be playing their a lot of games for Allardyce, he will like Davies attitude and snide factor, and then we have Gueye, Baningime

He will bring in a big, fast cb mate to partner alongside Keane - 100%

and he will go for a fast left back who can get up and down unlike baines.

and 1 maybe two strikers, one target man (unless he reckons DCL is up to doing that) and a natural scorer (sturridge etc)

IF i was gonna take a punt on names i think we could see come in, would be as follows mate

Shaw - loan option to buy
Sturridge AND Carroll - both possibly loans with options to buy

I think Sahko would have been nailed on had he not gone to Palace during the summer as well, and expect us to get a 'similar' type player (wouldn't rule out Smalling btw)

Don't think we will bring in anyone from abroad personally

Dunno mate, that link about his transfers across his career I think well over 50% were from abroad.

Maybe so mate, just think he will want to get in players who will not take time to adapt, as he's on a limited time frame to get results really

Depends what he needs to achieve in that limited time frame I guess mate.

If it's the last day of the window and we are already on 30+ points, no need to buy any crap for 'playing' reasons beyond Corrupt Sam's usual thinking.

Looking at the bench today you'd say Klaassen and Mirallas are as good as gone. There will be money

Depends what he needs to achieve in that limited time frame I guess mate.

If it's the last day of the window and we are already on 30+ points, no need to buy any crap for 'playing' reasons beyond Corrupt Sam's usual thinking.

Looking at the bench today you'd say Klaassen and Mirallas are as good as gone. There will be money

Sandro will be off as well IMO, probably loaned out to try boost his value, ,think same with Klassen - don't think either will be sold.

Mirallas - Besic - McCarthy if he miraculously gets fit (even though think allardyce would like him), also think anyone who doesn't buy in 100% he will just get rid of them mate - no matter who it is.

My one hope is that he wants the job more than he wants to line his pockets in a quick little earner for himself - not holding much hope of that like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back