January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put a shiny 50p on Sam turning our misfiring Defence into World beaters with some heavy drilling, and spending all his budget on a big striker or two in the window (Benteke guaranteed).

He's done much better with much worse defenders in the past.
if walsh gets benteke then we no1 can moan about not winning anything as thatwould be an horrific signing. Must better out there for A LOT cheaper

if walsh gets benteke then we no1 can moan about not winning anything as thatwould be an horrific signing. Must better out there for A LOT cheaper
Didn't say it was a good signing, just that he will be getable in January and has worked with Sam before.
I expect him to sign two strikers at least. That's just the way Sam is.

Kones a good bet at cb, stocks fallen so shouldn't be too expensive, worked with Sam before and he got performances from him

I think Benalouane and Lamine Kone will be brought in early. Would take either of Shaw or Blind from United, too.

I reckon he'll also want to find a wild card to add a bit of flair/unpredictability. Could see Ben Arfa being an option.

Still hoping that Gameiro will be the striker, but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Slimani.

I think Benalouane and Lamine Kone will be brought in early. Would take either of Shaw or Blind from United, too.

I reckon he'll also want to find a wild card to add a bit of flair/unpredictability. Could see Ben Arfa being an option.

Still hoping that Gameiro will be the striker, but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Slimani.

Have we been linked with this lad mate?

I think you are spot on really. I don't thin we will see anything as glamorous as it was under Koeman. It will very much be back to basics, getting lads in who are functional and can work to his system quite quickly. I doubt we will be looking at the top end of the market but looking for some "value" on deals.

He does like a wildcard you are right, and we may get someone with a bit of pace in a wide area. I hope he sees Ross in that light and can try and talk him round to staying though.

Gameiro is a great shout for a striker, I can only se it happening if Sandro goes out the door though. I think he will want some additional height and power as a centre forward.

It will be interesting to see if there is the same commitment to young players being brought in with one eye on the future.

We’ve made that mistake before by under valuing Celtic players. Van Dijk and Wanyama only good because it’s Scotland apparently, others gambled and we didn’t. Tierney and Dembele more than good enough for the prem.
Tierney definitely is , IMO jury still out on Dembele.
Tierney is a Celtic fan through and through
He will stay at his boyhood club as long as he can and fair play to him

Have we been linked with this lad mate?

I think you are spot on really. I don't thin we will see anything as glamorous as it was under Koeman. It will very much be back to basics, getting lads in who are functional and can work to his system quite quickly. I doubt we will be looking at the top end of the market but looking for some "value" on deals.

He does like a wildcard you are right, and we may get someone with a bit of pace in a wide area. I hope he sees Ross in that light and can try and talk him round to staying though.

Gameiro is a great shout for a striker, I can only se it happening if Sandro goes out the door though. I think he will want some additional height and power as a centre forward.

It will be interesting to see if there is the same commitment to young players being brought in with one eye on the future.
FSA is only here for the here and now
He will only buy players that go straight into the first 11
He knows he’s gone in June if not then June 19 so long term doesn’t bother him

Hate to say this, but even if we don’t manage to fill any other position in this next transfer window, we need to offer Southampton the sky’s the limit for VVD and make him captain forthwith.

Just as important as a new manager IMHO.
Bang on mate
You are 100% right on this
And Virgil will tell Man City , Man United , Chelsea ,possibly Barca and Real Madrid as well as the vermin to get stuffed because he want to play for for FSA and Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back