January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may think so, but that's a matter of opinion. All I can tell you is that 2 nights ago, I was told by one of the protagonists, "Walcotts done, now for a Left Back".

I rarely get ITK info, but this time I have. They are searching, I promise.

Anyway, enough. I will report back if I hear anything else, though I doubt I will.

I wonder if it's a matter of "let's go with what we've got, stay up, and then get the LB we REALLY want in the summer instead of 'anyone who is better than Martina'"?

Personally I want Joe Bryan from Bristol. If he's not available until the summer, he's worth waiting for IMO. Meanwhile get out all the electrical tape and bailing wire for the LB role. I'd rather see Garbutt in there than Martina at this point. You can bring Martina on if, and when we get a lead we need to protect.

Jesus mate, Chilwell is aright, but seriously he's not anything close to a 40m quid player and never will be.

You're comparing a lad with 1 career assist and 1 career goal in like 50 games against Baines with his 38 goals and 64 assists in his 380+ games for us

What were baines stats at the same age?

up to21 - 73 games in lower leagues 1 goal

21-22 37 games in premier league 0 goals

22-23 35 games in premier league 3 goals

23-25 53 games in premier league 1 goal

so until the age of 25 baines had 5 goals in the premier league...

Tierney is the best of those by a mile, Sessegnon - is all about his attacking play - a MotD player atm, no idea if the lad can defend or will he end up playing as a winger like bale did, Chilwell - massively hyped up in the media before he ever kicked a ball for them, never seen anything special in the lad when I've seen him play - if he wasn't English no one would even think he's better than a decent young player

I especially like Chilwell as he's part of the u21 side along with our other kids...good to add to that group. They all stick up for each other as weve seen and become a unit within a squad...good for morale.

Sessegnon will be at that level soon enough...signing him and playing him left back this season would be a steep curve but well worth a big fee.

How to gauge Tierney in that league and why hasn't anyone signed him?

Would they accept McCarthy as part of any deal. I know he's had a bit of a revival but this has happened before and then bang he's out for months again. I'd sooner get rid of him and get a LB in that will balance out the squad

100% I like McCarthy but he should have been moved on 2 years ago. Perfect time now hes fit.

I wonder if it's a matter of "let's go with what we've got, stay up, and then get the LB we REALLY want in the summer instead of 'anyone who is better than Martina'"?

If that's the case why did we sign Walcott...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back