Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, by any source I could find, he was the highest rated Chelsea player that day. He was really good against Norwich and definitely looked like he could tackle. Might be too much of a left wing, but still better then Cuco.

That being said, a healthy Baba Rahman will do fine.

I thought he was dismal tbh

But that's a matter of opinion

Would he be an improvement? Well, going forward certainly, but defensively he's just as poor if not worse. Even Rafael has said he'll only be used at full-back if they are attacking sides.

I just don't get the outcry when we miss out on bang average players.

Yes, we're desperate, but if we can go for Bryan, or a long-term player to fill the role, I'd rather us do that.

That's where a clear line of communication comes in.

A manager should know where he stands when they take a job.

It's less about systems and formations, and more about having a general basis to our play going forward.

Why does people wanting Dyche baffle you btw?

If anything, he's the perfect example of someone who has overseen a long-term development of the club from a managerial perspective.

Because for Dyche to work here it'd take more time than the fanbase would likely give him. If he came here with an empty squad and a big cheque book then he'd assemble a decent squad in his image to play his way.

Bringing him in with this squad would need an even bigger overhaul than say a Silva. People need to view Burnley's defensive solidity as a collective not the individuals. Can you really see him doing the same with ours?

It's all a game of opinions of course I just don't see how it would work. We've assembled a squad based on the needs of 3 very different managers.

So we have a player at LB ,that's worse than any player in the prem, and Chelsea have a player that can pay LB, and he's available on loan,but we stay with Marina,
OK mate x

But he isn't very good either

Leave it alone ffs. It's gone. We weren't interested, for whatever reason. And defensively he would hardly improve us.

Our left-back situation is dire and I blame the club entirely. But I'm not going to get stressed that a bang-average winger (whenever I've seen him play - this is the bloke who only managed 1 appearance for Watford last season, btw) has signed for Newcastle.

Again, by any source I could find, he was the highest rated Chelsea player that day. He was really good against Norwich and definitely looked like he could tackle. Might be too much of a left wing, but still better then Cuco.

That being said, a healthy Baba Rahman will do fine.

Highest rated Chelsea player on the day but still got like 5/10.

Because for Dyche to work here it'd take more time than the fanbase would like give him. If he came here with an empty squad and a big cheque book then he'd assemble as decent squad in his image to play his way.

Bringing him in with this squad would need an even bigger overhaul than say a Silva. People need to view Burnley's defensive solidity as a collective not the individuals. Can you really see him doing the same with ours?

It's all a game of opinions of course I just don't see how it would work. We've assembled a squad based on the needs of 3 very different managers.

I'd say Dyche would be one of the ideal candidates to take this side forward mate. He gets labelled unfairly as a hoofball manager. He isn't at all.

He's Sam, but without the arrogance or negativity. Trust me, Burnley fans are absolutely chuffed to bits they've signed him on a new deal.

He's the manager we should have gone for straight away.

He wouldn't need to overhaul this squad. In fact, I'd wager someone like Silva - who has always looked to the transfer market more than academy etc - would overhaul it a lot more.

So I can absolutely, with a few tweaks, see Dyche mould the squad to be defensively solid (heck, Sam managed it in his first few games, but then threw that system away!) while simultaneously moving us forward.

I'd say Dyche would be one of the ideal candidates to take this side forward mate. He gets labelled unfairly as a hoofball manager. He isn't at all.

He's Sam, but without the arrogance or negativity. Trust me, Burnley fans are absolutely chuffed to bits they've signed him on a new deal.

He wouldn't need to overhaul this squad. In fact, I'd wager someone like Silva - who has always looked to the transfer market more than academy etc - would overhaul it a lot more.

So I can absolutely, with a few tweaks, see Dyche mould the squad to be defensively solid (heck, Sam managed it in his first few games, but then threw that system away!) while simultaneously moving us forward.

But would he be prepared to work as Simeone’s assistant ??

I wouldn't be adverse to his appointment and I don't class him necessarily as a hoofball merchant but this forum - by and large - wants all this pretty football with Lookman, Vlasic, Henry etc. on the pitch.

I haven't see any evidence in Dyche's career that he'd come here and give the fans what they want to see. Silva (or Fonseca) could offensively but still question marks over him.

I disagree with this, and said as much at the time. We weren't really defensively solid, we just got more men behind the ball, played a couple of toothless teams and had some luck. I thought we defended really well against Chelsea, but against Swansea, Newcastle, West Brom etc, we could easily have conceded a fair few goals if it wasn't for the woodwork, Pickford and bad finishing.

I think the powers that be at this club were petrified of the optics of that deal. I am fully convinced the reason they didn't go for him was they were too scared about fan opinion. I think if a lot of Everton fans could have that time back again I think they would have different opinions on Dyche. I wasn't in favour of him originally but after Unsworth's spell he was my preferred candidate but obviously this is all in the past. Regrettable though because he was a very achievable target, even after we'd had Unsworth for a month.

All I hope for now is that we buy a left back to help Sam bring this broken boat of a club into harbour and then he is immediately jettisoned. Cannot wait for this car crash of a season to end.

Let's wait and see. No good club will sell their first choice LB on the final day without having a replacement lined up.

That's the point some people can't seem to grasp, a club selling a first team player will not sell so close to deadline day because they then need to find a replacement.

As soon as the window opened, it should have been all hands to the pump for a new left-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back