January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point last season we had SCORED: 19, CONCEDED: 19 / POINTS: 20

This season we have SCORED: 19, CONCEDED: 28 / POINTS: 18
Although performances weren't as bad as what we saw this time around, the run of results through autumn/early winter last season (something like one win in 12) was truly terrible. It wasn't until Bolasie's injury forced Davies into the team that things began to improve.

Getting in two centre-backs and a left-back would possibly be enough to ensure another best of the rest, or thereabouts, type of finish.

Although performances weren't as bad as what we saw this time around, the run of results through autumn/early winter last season (something like one win in 12) was truly terrible. It wasn't until Bolasie's injury forced Davies into the team that things began to improve.

Getting in two centre-backs and a left-back would possibly be enough to ensure another best of the rest, or thereabouts, type of finish.
Also actually attempting to win away games would help. We still haven't won away since January and most of our resurgence was down to being unbeatable at Goodison for a stretch

Just read a hilarious story about how much Danny Rose loves Allardyce and how this could result in us signing him in January.

I think us and Burnley have had the worst fixtures so far this season. With that in mind, to be 11 points off fourth and having the potential to cut that down to just eight (even though unlikely) this weekend, it could be a lot worse if you think about what it was like just mere weeks ago. It's imperative we get players in very early in the window, then a top six finish could actually be on. But it will all depend on the transfer window and results between now and then.

I think us and Burnley have had the worst fixtures so far this season. With that in mind, to be 11 points off fourth and having the potential to cut that down to just eight (even though unlikely) this weekend, it could be a lot worse if you think about what it was like just mere weeks ago. It's imperative we get players in very early in the window, then a top six finish could actually be on. But it will all depend on the transfer window and results between now and then.

Top 6 ? No chance IMO... we don't score enough

Outside city, and possibly Chelsea and United the league is absolute turd, given we are 7 away only from media darlings spurs and that's with them having beaten us already.

If we grind out results versus the dross around us, and Nick some results against the "mighty" top 6 then we can comfortably finish 7th still and who knows if one if those above will implode still this season.

Derby result this weekend would be absolutely massive

Top 6 ? No chance IMO... we don't score enough
Hence needing good results between now and January in more than several winnable games, plus good early recruitment. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not out of the realms of possibility.

Hence needing good results between now and January in more than several winnable games, plus good early recruitment. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not out of the realms of possibility.

Mate we have

RS
Barcodes A
Chelsea H
Swansea H
Westbrom A
Bournemouth A
United H
Spurs A

Our away form is shocking and from our home games swansea is the only one I would expect us to get a result..

last week we were on a relagation fight .. two wins has eased that for now, but after those fixtures above I can easily see us being in a relagation fight again.

Hopefully with BFS our away form will pick up and we can actually pick up a win ... but our players are so bad ATM that I can't see it happening .

Honestly been thinking about how selling Barry was a miscalculation. Schneiderlin has been off form to say the least and when he’s off our range of passing has been dreadful. Rooney’s moves into a CM three to provide that relief but we should be looking for other young midfielders with passing range and vision along with our more pressing concerns

Honestly been thinking about how selling Barry was a miscalculation. Schneiderlin has been off form to say the least and when he’s off our range of passing has been dreadful. Rooney’s moves into a CM three to provide that relief but we should be looking for other young midfielders with passing range and vision along with our more pressing concerns
Barry just can't defend in space anymore. We'd concede even more believe it or not if he was still here. Other teams just hold the ball wherever he is. They all intentionally attack him in space.

He still can spot out a decent pass, but he's past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back