January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't nzonzi a bad bellend though. Need to keep that type away from us

We need more snidery. We won't win Jack without it. We all know the priorities but with schneiderlin being so woeful and non committal and no genuine DM in the squad, it would make sense. Our defensive problems do stem from a lack of shielding from midfield.

That would be the final piece for them. Him alongside Stones. Still its better than him going to the RS.

Yep someone close to city is very excited by this, he reckons its done.

Be some defence that the way they are playing this season....

Back to us, some rubbish website linking us with Aubameyang lollollollollollollollollollol

Cant get Giroud, so we will go for Aubameyang with Deeney as a backup plan.....

Deeney it is then.

We need more snidery. We won't win Jack without it. We all know the priorities but with schneiderlin being so woeful and non committal and no genuine DM in the squad, it would make sense. Our defensive problems do stem from a lack of shielding from midfield.

I would be perfectly fine with us binning Schneiderlin and bringing in a true DM. His attitude and desire this term has been pathetic, plus, the way we play with Gana pushing on means we need a proper shield.

Haven't seen much of N'Zonzi since he left to be honest, but I know he is now really highly thought of.

I meant off field

Also actually attempting to win away games would help. We still haven't won away since January and most of our resurgence was down to being unbeatable at Goodison for a stretch
I'm hoping Allardyce starts to play with pace in the team. It will help when Bolasie and Seamus are back and why I think he may opt for a pacey forward in the January window. It's also why I wouldn't sell Barkley in the window as he is the one player we have capable of turning defence into attack very quickly. Providing we are able to shut up shop at the back, these counter attacking capabilities will allow us to pick up many more points away.

Needing a forward and a centre half has been well documented but our midfield is not good enough
Defence and scoring goals we have struggled but we need to attack and defend as a team which means our midfield in my opinion is the root of the problems. The engine of the side needs an overhaul
We need 2 quality box to box midfielders.
If we can sort this things will improve dramatically

Besic hasn't had a look in all season and I can't see McCarthy lasting much longer here, he'll be flogged as soon as he's "fit"/can be arsed. Davies is not a defensive midfielder, can't tackle to save his life. Schneiderlin is finished here, barely touched the ball when he came on Saturday, didn't look interested and I think Allardyce has seen enough already. I agree there are other positions that take priority, but if he's available and we have the money, I would be happy with this one.
I think McCarthy will have a big part to play under Sam...if he can stay fit.

Walcott, NZonzi, Deeney?!

We’ll never learn.

All 28 and over. Throw Giroud in their as well. No forward planning from us at all. We should be looking to get the best of the young talent around who would come to us and willingly and openly offer them a platform to the biggest clubs in Europe by playing for us in the premier league for a good few years.

Just read a hilarious story about how much Danny Rose loves Allardyce and how this could result in us signing him in January.
£120k a week would help too, the mercenary:coffee:.

IMO he is the best attacking left back in the Premier which is why I'd put money on him going to either Utd or City. He won't be coming here.

What's the current position with Garbutt?

I always liked him but he wasn't quite ready to supplant Baines at the time. Since then he's been all over the shop.

I've always liked Nzonzi and he adds the height Allardyce will be after.

One left field name, that will be slightly dependant upon moving on lads like Schneiderlin/McCarthy/Barkley may be Fellaini.

He has made himself integral this season but never really settled there. Allardyce is a big fan and again he would offer us additional height.

I think at the moment Sam is like a child who looks into a Christmas stocking packed with toys. He sees so many things and is so excited but doesn't fully understand what he actually has just yet.

I think the only two positions that we are physically short of players is left back and centre forward.
We have five centre halves in Jagielka, Williams, Keane, Holgate and Funes Mori.
We have two/three right backs in Coleman/Kenny/Martina.
We have plenty of central midfielders Davies, Gueye, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Baningime, Mc Carthy, Besic and Barkley.
We wide players in Mirallas, Lookman and Bolasie .
We have strikers in Sandro, DCL and Niasse.
At the moment he doesn't quite know what players will fit into the structure he wants and this is more difficult because some are not available through injury.

I don't expect a lot of transfer activity in January because I think they may not have had time to completely decide on who should stay or go.

They will probably have to make a decision on Barkley and probably Mirallas as well and possibly Sandro if he really wants to go back to Spain . I think we may see one or two in but maybe no more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back